Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I did it and im not happy about it!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 07:44 PM
MotorSgt
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I did it and im not happy about it!!

Well guys, I got all stoked because I took the front end apart on my 07' RKCustom. I got all the chrome powder coated black which is the look im going for. I went with a local company here in Jacksonville and I left the parts with them for over two weeks. I come to pick the parts up they are not ready, says they will be ready by monday. I come back on monday and the guy comes out and tells me that there was "stuff" flying around in the air and there are some blemishes on some of the parts and he wanted to redo them. Cant argue with that so I let him redo some of the parts. I took some of the parts home because at first glance they were ok. Come back the next day and not all the parts are done so I take more home and continue to wait for the rest. Finally yesterday I get all the parts, the guy charges me a reasonable enough price I think but the parts arent perfect. Am I expecting too much from powder coating? I was under the impression that powder coating gave the look of paint with 10X durability. most of the blemishes I can overlook because you have to really pay attention to see them but one imparticular bugs me. The windscreen on my RKCustom looks beautifull on the side that shows out but the reverse side which has the rough surface has ginormous bubbles in it. The chrome underneath started to seperate is what the guy told me. Again I thought that the media blasting took that stuff off but I guess not. Im kinda curious as to how some of yall would handle this, Im at the point where im tired of going back and having this guy redo stuff. Im just going to put my bike back together so I can ride. Thanks for listening to me vent!