Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smoked tail lamp lens?????????????????

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 01:00 PM
SSJ
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Smoked tail lamp lens?????????????????

ORIGINAL: Jumpman

Just a word of warning -

Give-up the extra $$$'s and get the Kury smoked LED tail-light. Worth every penny just for the added visibility

I ordered the smoked layback from Walter's Workshop- and regardless of buld selection you do NOT get good visibility during the day. I tried 2 different LED bulbs...as well as red colored bulbs and was told that during daytime riding you cannot see the tail lamp at all...and the brake light is barely visible.

Walter's has very good products, and I would buy stuff from them again - but this is not an itemI would recommend to anyone due to the safety aspect.

The Kury (panacea) is lot more pricey - but actually shines brighter than the stock unit both as a running light and as a brake light. Well worth the price of admission in my opinion.

Just my $0.02 - no offense to Walter's or the guys who have the standard smoked lens.
+1 on the Panacea lighting plus it will flash 3 times on braking and has a built in yellow arrow led's for the turn signal built in the tail light.

Old 04-27-2008, 01:03 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Smoked tail lamp lens?????????????????

I have Walter's Workshop lights on my bike.........and they look great. Smoked taillight, smoked tourpak lenses.......along with the HD turn signal lenses, they all look great together.

Steve