Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS RECALL?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 08:55 PM
john62
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ABS RECALL?

I made an appointment with local dealer as soon as I got my letter. The parts were supposedly releassed a few days before I brought it in. I called a few days prior to the appointment the parts were in. The day it goes in there were no parts available. the service guy said we must have used them on another bike. I asked when more parts were going to be available.They said " don't call us we'll call you." They don't know when more kits are going to come in.WTF

Old 04-23-2008, 09:51 PM
Radar1029
2nd Gear

Going on about 6 weeks for two of our four bikes being down. Two of ourbikes were routed incorrectly and the brake lines rubbed enough to make it unsafe to operate. According to our dealer and HD customer service, HD sends a "wave" shipment of recallparts (I believe there are 3 kits for this recall)to only dealers that have sold police bikes in the past. Dealers that have not sold any police bikes will not be able to obtain parts until the initial wave shipments have been completed. It does not matter that a dealership that has not sold police bikes has five police bikes waiting for the recall parts and a dealership that has sold police bikes does not have any bikes waiting on recall parts, the initial wave shipment is going to the police dealer. Additionally, these three kits are currenly not being shipped at the same time. Seems to be a prettyinefficient way to conduct business.

When I called HD customer service I was told "that's just the way we conduct recalls". Iknow for a fact that they do not "conduct"all recalls that way because all of our heads and starters had to be replaced due to the heads not having the automatic compression release on the 103 engines. Do you think HD shipped motorcycle engine heads and starters all over the country to dealerships that may or may not have needed them, or do you think they waited tosee what dealerships needed the parts? They waited until they received the order from the dealer.

I have even askedour dealer to replace the brake lines and wrap the problem areas (expense on us) until all the necessary recall kits have arrived for our bikes, but supposedly there is a shortage of these brake lines.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:02 PM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: mllkn6

That's Harley Davidson..
They have the recall on the voltage regulator on the 06 touring models. Been waiting for over 3 months for my dealer to get me a new one, still hasn't come in yet. But the old one is working just fine.
I wonder what their problem is. I had mine changed out a little over a year ago. I called them on a Thursday and they said to bring it in the next day and I was in and out in a half an hour. They said they had lots of the new ones on hand.