Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rinehart True Duals and baffles

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008 | 08:54 AM
drrandall1
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default Rinehart True Duals and baffles

I originally had the RinehartTrue Dualsbut just wasn't pleased that they were on the quiet side after I spent almost $2000. So I replaced the baffles with the Rinehart performance ones. They were louder! I thought I was happy with them till I got home and was reving it up and could hear this annoying noise on decel. Kind of like a rattle sound on decel. I took it back to the dealer 3 times and had them pull em out and put em in each time. I have finally givin up and told them just to put the original baffles back in. For those of you that are thinking of going with the performance baffles in your true duals I say don't. They just sound like crap. I am thinking of going with the www.bigcitythunder.com baffles and see what they do. They are only $79. It's a piece that fits between the head pipe and the muffler. They said I can run with no baffles and their product but the pipes would be really loud. I can leave the baffles in and I can still get a little louder sound with a deeper tone. Anyone hear tried the Big City Thunder baffles yet with their Rinehart True Duals?

Old 04-23-2008 | 09:10 AM
drrandall1
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Rinehart True Duals and baffles

Guess the way I am looking at it is I should just enjoy the good sound of the regular Rineharts(not too loud)and like listening to my stereo anyway.

Old 04-23-2008 | 09:47 AM
deadbug
Cruiser

That's exactly what I just ordered last week. I was going to run the performance baffles
as well. My parts guy mentioned het met someone from bub and they told him to take the stock
baffles out and on the side that faces the motor there is like a cone piece that sticks out. They said
to cut that off and it would make the stock baffle louder.
Let us know if it works or what ever you end up tring.I'll let you know if my baffles do what you desribed
I'll still waiting on sert to come in for now

Old 04-23-2008 | 09:49 AM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp

The reason I ordered Rineharts are because they have the best sound quality, in my opinion. Yes, there pipes out there that are louder. However, I think the Rineharts have the best all around sound. They're fairly quiet at low RPM's, which is good when ridin' through the neighborhood early in the morning or at night. But when you twist the throttle, they come alive with a very impressive sound. Louder is not always better. Quality is what's important. I can't wait to get my Rinehart True Duals on my bike.

Old 04-23-2008 | 10:03 AM
drrandall1
|
Outstanding HDF Member

deadbug, I never heard that one. Cut off the cone? Seems that would change the size of the baffle and not fit right and I would have another rattle problem. Come to think of it I saw the stock baffles and never really saw the cone, I don't think.

Old 04-23-2008 | 04:36 PM
Cristen
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: Live2Ride

The reason I ordered Rineharts are because they have the best sound quality, in my opinion. Yes, there pipes out there that are louder. However, I think the Rineharts have the best all around sound. They're fairly quiet at low RPM's, which is good when ridin' through the neighborhood early in the morning or at night. But when you twist the throttle, they come alive with a very impressive sound. Louder is not always better. Quality is what's important. I can't wait to get my Rinehart True Duals on my bike.
I completely agree with you. I love the sound of the Rineharts.
Cristen

Old 04-23-2008 | 04:53 PM
06BlackFLHXI
Tourer

Could not agree with you more

ORIGINAL: Live2Ride

Old 04-24-2008 | 02:12 AM
drrandall1
|
Outstanding HDF Member

I get to finally pick my bike up Friday night at 5pm. I will let you all know how it sound and looks!!

Old 04-24-2008 | 06:09 AM
Hugh Jass
Tourer

I've got the RH True Duals and they sound great! Not too loud, Nottoo low. I think it is the classic sound of a Harley.