Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone have this??? JETSCREAM

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 10:59 PM
VicDawg
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Does anyone have this??? JETSCREAM

Hey Red: I wuz funnin!

Old 04-22-2008, 11:01 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah hear ya - with the price of gas an' costs of engine upgrades, it'd be nice. Guess that's what ticks me off so much with stuff like this - folks KNOW they're sellin' snake oil, KNOW that they're rippin' folks off - but do it anyways.

Joe Consumer has been told that advertising must be accurate, forgettin' that there are folks out there that will say anything ta sell sumthin', knowin' that by the time the Justice system catches up with 'em, they'll have made a bundle, an' the fine will be less than the profits they make. It behooves ALL of us ta take such claims with a grain of salt, and to understand the trademarks of a scam.

These include outrageous claims of benefits, "testimonial" comments offered as "proof" that their product works, and obscure "scientific" verbage that implies a technical explanation because it SOUNDS good.

I've spent 32 years in one of the biggest scam-ridden industries out there - water treatment. Years back ah wuz a Sysop on the old GEnie network, an' was served with a "Cease and Desist" order by one such company - they sold magnets they claimed would negate the effects of hard water. I bluntly stated that the product was a scam. When their attorney sent me the C&D, ah countered with a public challenge - provide me one of their systems to put in front of equipment we use that is VERY sucseptible to hard water. If it worked, ah'd not only publicly acknowledge it, but immediately start buyin' 'em from 'em. They never responded....an' ah never ceased.<G>

So, yeah - ah tend ta be VERY distrustful of manufacturer's claims....especially when it's from small companies seekin' ta play on our emotions.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:06 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: VicDawg
Hey Red: I wuz funnin!
Don't fret none - ah KNEW you wuz - ah could see yer tongue planted in yer cheek from here! Ah jest git frustrated with otherwise smart folks that git sucked in by scam artists lahk this. Ah don't blame 'em per say for the reasons ah outlined in an earlier post, but still...

Old 04-23-2008, 05:36 AM
Odd Job
Tourer

Hey Texas Red....guess I should ask for by 65 bucks back!!!!!!!! (J.K., didn't get one)

Old 04-23-2008, 06:50 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Odd Job
Hey Texas Red....guess I should ask for by 65 bucks back!!!!!!!! (J.K., didn't get one)
Nah - but ah tell ya what ah'll do.....send it to me with $75 US, an' ah'll reverse-flip the intake manifold system on it, ragamatize the phuluge system an' return it - it'll increase the output potential by at LEAST 50%!

Old 04-23-2008, 07:00 AM
Odd Job
Tourer

Gee Willakers!!! Wouldya Wouldya...that would be swell!!!!!! Gawd..you're the best Tex Red!!!!
Momma always told me "son, now you look out here-yonder...you may look stoopid..and you is!! Don't rightly know what she meant by dat. So I'll have to take a pas on that offur there Tex Red....

Just curious if some on the members did buy it and tried it and are afraid to speak up....this companies been around for the last 5-6 years, as I've seen their advertisements around in different bike rags.

Old 04-23-2008, 07:01 AM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Go cut one out of your screen door and it will work just as good....

Old 04-23-2008, 07:29 AM
Bigredone
Road Master

HORSEFEATHERS!

Old 04-23-2008, 07:55 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member

Y'know, iffen a feller didn't know better, he's suspect ya didn't trust me....

Judgin' by the responses, ain't no one tried one - or at least they ain't gonna 'fess up ta it....

Mebbe mah li'l hairless buddy up in the Dallas area.....

Old 04-23-2008, 08:21 AM
miacycles
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have these special plastic baggies of horsepower air I can sell youi. Just start your engine and open the baggy near your intake and you will get a 10% increase in HP. It is special slippery air that makes your intake a lot more slippery allowing more air flow, no tools needed only $59.95 + shipping and handling. But wait order in the next 24 hours and we will throw in a second bag of horsepower air at no charge. Notify me by E-Mail, please allow ten days for delivery.

Quick Reply: Does anyone have this??? JETSCREAM