Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spencers Motorcycle Seat Mods

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 01:46 PM
Stryke1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spencers Motorcycle Seat Mods

I know that the concensus is that Mean City is the place to have your seat modifications done and I agree. But I contacted them about a week ago and the soonest appointment I could get was over 2 months out. So I thought that I would check around and see what else was available. I came across "Spencers Motorcycle Seat Mods" http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.phpThe info on the web site looked interesting so I tried to contact them. I sent 2 e-mails and left a voice message. No reply. Has anyone ever done business with this place? I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt that maybe there is some unusual situation that is causing them not to reply to queries.

Old 04-23-2008, 07:29 AM
DKSS07
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spencers Motorcycle Seat Mods

Sounds like you don't want to do business with them if that is how they work. You'd be better off working/waiting with Mean City. JMHO and .02

Ride safe.

Old 04-23-2008, 07:33 AM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm gonna have to agree with DKSS07. I'd have a hard time doin' business with someone I couldn't get in contact with. Just imagine what it would be like if you didn't like the end result and you needed to get in touch with them. I'd go with Mean City Cycles if I were you. Sometimes some things are just worth waiting for. A good quality seat, in my opinion, is one of them. I haven't had my seat done by MCC, but I plan to at some point so I can get my feet on the ground a little better.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:08 AM
Gart
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't used Spencers. That said, a "lot" of the Honda people use him and most love his work. The seat on an ST1300 is awful. If you want to see what others say about his product, go to stforums and check it out.

Gart