Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I like my PC III

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 06:58 AM
youngrider
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default I like my PC III

I just got my pc III from fuel moto...and I am really impressed with it...I have alot more low end power and I do not have all the decel popping....Anyway I was just wondering why alot of you guys buy these and then switch them out? It seems like alot of you guys are going to the sert....Just curious why? thanks

Old 04-22-2008, 07:09 AM
smeerdude
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I like my PC III

I just installed my PC3 on and finally got to ride the bike over the weekend, wow what a differences, i love the way the bike runs now, i did take a hit on the fuel economy side but made a call to fuelmoto yesterday and they gave me some tips on what to adjust. I will try that and see if i can get my fuel economy back up. The changes will only affect the cruising range.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:09 AM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am perfectly happy with the PCIII also. I think the SERT may be better for the bigger engine builds. As far as fuel mileage, you should expect a drop, that is why you put it on in the first place.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:22 AM
Hugh Jass
Tourer

I got my PCIII from Eastern Performance with a pre-loaded map. I had a lot of decel popping and rumbling. Doc1 mad a few mods for me to help quiet it down, but I am going to get it dyno tuned tomorrow morning. Hopefully that will stop it. Other than that no issues. I personally think it's very user friendly. I think I made a good choice.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:29 AM
Araba Shriner
Road Master

I have used PCIII on my last 2 bikes. No problems whatsoever. Customer support is top notch.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:48 AM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a PCIII on the way from Fuel Moto. They're sendin' it with the map already installed. I should have it along with my new pipes and air cleaner installed the end of this week. I had a Thundermax w/AutoTune on my Softail that I just traded and liked it. Hopefully the PCIII makes me just as happy.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:11 AM
pattetrrc
5th Gear

My buddy has a PC III on his bagger and I just added the V&H pipes to my ride. Yhe shop guys are pushing the Thundermax w/AutoTune over the PC III. Any input would be great guys.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:24 AM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: pattetrrc

My buddy has a PC III on his bagger and I just added the V&H pipes to my ride. Yhe shop guys are pushing the Thundermax w/AutoTune over the PC III. Any input would be great guys.
The Thundermax w/AutoTune is great. If you ever plan to do any motor mods, it's the best product to get, in my opinion. You don't have to dyno tune it because it auto tunes itself. You just load the map that closest resembles what you have on your bike, and it'll"learn" your bike. It costs about the same as buying a SERT and having it dyno tuned. If you go with the SERT and dyno tune it, then change somethin' on the bike, you'll have to dyno tune it again. That would make the Thundermax cheaper in the long run. I had it on my Softail, and I'm glad I did. I wound up ridin' with 3 different exhausts on that bike, and I never had to change a thing with the Thundermax. I'm gettin' the pipes and air cleanerI know I want for the Road King, so the PCIII should work fine. The local dealer here is really pushin' the SERT (I wonder why...). They don't like the PCIII because it "fools" the ECM, rather than actually changing the map on the ECM. One thing to consider about the Thundermax is that it does void the warranty on your bike. If you mess somethin' up in the motor, and it can be linked to the ECM, it will not be covered. However, if your brakes screw up, they'll still be covered because they're not linked to the ECM at all.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:29 AM
pattetrrc
5th Gear

Live2Ride;
Thx, that was fast and great info. Much appreciated.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:30 AM
IM744
Advanced

Otherwise do all the work yourself and if something really screws up you can change it back for the warranty work and you are good.

Quick Reply: I like my PC III