Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

road king classic or elect. glide?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 03:21 AM
thebigbuckster
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default road king classic or elect. glide?

i have a nighttrain and i want something for me and my wife to be comfortable on. im keeping the train and trying to decide between the rkclassic or the elec.gide....any opinions appreciated.

Old 02-15-2006, 03:38 AM
nmfxstc
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: road king classic or elect. glide?

For wifey???? ULTRA!!!!

Old 02-15-2006, 03:56 AM
Big Dog
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

well myself I am for the Ultra... The ride U can not beat and it is comfortable to ride on long trips... The wife benefits with the Ultra with having her own communciations for yapping in your ear or listening to the radio... Go with the Ultra

Old 02-15-2006, 05:02 AM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

I'm partial to the Ultra and a quick glance at the photo below should tell you why. I have always liked the Road King and initally it was the Road King I had in mind before I bought my Ultra. At the end of the day the Ultra simply offers more than the Road King and offers some additional versatility. For example the locking hard bags, the Tour Pack (extra storage), lower fairings for better rider protection and that's just to name a few. I added a docking station to my bike which allows me the ability to quickly remove my TourPack or add a sissy bar, luggage rack, etc.. This is a worthwhile investment if you plan on purchasing the Ultra. This lends you versatility that you wouldn't have otherwise. Also, I prefer full instrumentation, cd, cb, radio, etc... The truth is you really don't need everything the Ultra offers to enjoy riding, as you well know from your current bike. Once you have those things though, it's tough to go back. The Ultra is my choice.

Old 02-15-2006, 10:48 AM
MOking
Tourer

I still like my road king and can't imagine trading out to anything with a non-detachable windshield/fairing.

Thats where I feel the King is more versatile. The only thing I miss is the stereo, but I'm not willing to trade that for looks.

The communications would be nice, but let's be honest.... who really wants to listen to the wife jabber away anyway?

Old 02-15-2006, 11:07 AM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Electra Glide! or StreetGlide

I would only go the Roadking for around town putting, not any long distance riding.

I had a loaner RK when mine was in the shop for maintinence. First off I don't like the look of the windshields. Then after riding with one (with windshield) I got more crap in my eyes with glasses on then I have ever gotten while riding my sportbikes. Then No stereo on long rides??? UGH!!

Go Glide All The Way!!!

Old 02-15-2006, 11:32 AM
colt45
Banned

If your keeping the night train then I would go with the Ultra for comfort. Other than a GoldWing I don't know anything on two wheels that would be more comfortable. Good luck with your choice.

Old 02-15-2006, 11:43 AM
Roadking04
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an 04 RKC and I've added the Comfort stich seat and King Tour Pack for the wife. If I want to take them off it takes 1 minute and I'm back to stock. You can always add a Dragonfly or Quadzilla detachable fairing with stereo and if you want to take it off or the windshield off it takes 1 minute. I think with the RKC you have more versitlity! Same suspension and ride as EG. To each his own!

Old 02-15-2006, 11:52 AM
Bushy
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

If you have "your" bike and need something for the two of you I;d say the Ultra

[IMG]local://upfiles/7257/86A6C4B84AF74E10A0D9A0699E60A20E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/7257/154B9DC84C354DD799F903CFF2BCA5CA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-15-2006, 11:54 AM
BUBBA
Tourer

If its for you and the Wife You need the Electra Glide

Quick Reply: road king classic or elect. glide?