Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Airforce 'Master Blaster' Motorcycle Dryer.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 10:34 AM
Dispatch
Road Warrior

Received 523 Likes on 271 Posts
Default Airforce 'Master Blaster' Motorcycle Dryer.

I have just purchased an Airforce Master Blaster model: MB-3CD motorcycle dryer. Does anyone have any suggestion on it's use on drying the bike? Any tricks to it? It has 2 toggle switches. 1 for just the blower and the 2nd for another blower and heat. I've used it once. It was extremely powerful. It even blew off the smallhose fitting as I was using it. I've noticed it has an awkward shape, which makes it difficult to maneuver around the bike. I am thinking of making up some sort of carry/backpack for it. It does work well though. It dried the bike off in no time at all. Any experiences are greatly appreciated. [sm=confused06.gif]

Old 04-21-2008, 11:20 AM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Default RE: Airforce 'Master Blaster' Motorcycle Dryer.

I have the smaller one with only one motor but it is the same shape. I've never found it to be a problem maneuvering it. I only have to change positions from the right side of the bike to the left. If I'm lazy, I just drag it around, but usually I pick it up and carry it to the other side.

That said, I think they do make a set of casters for it.

Old 04-21-2008, 11:30 AM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Sounds to complicated. Take it back, get a leaf blower and put the wad of cashed saved in to crap for your bike.

Old 04-21-2008, 11:32 AM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

This is what it looks like for anyone who has never seen one. Like an old time vacuum cleaner.

I love the thing. I remove the tourpak and bags when I wash. After that, I remove the seat and side covers so I can blow all the water out of the tight spots. Having a thumb screw on the seat makes it fast.

I also like to put my bike up on my J&S so I can get under it to wash off all the road grime. S100 motorcycle wash really helps.

As far as moving the MB around, I haven't had too much trouble. I do know they make a wall bracket but I haven't had the need.

[IMG]local://upfiles/14366/245A206AD4E94991BFC093CF59DC61F8.jpg[/IMG]

EDIT . . . here we go with the leaf blower posts again . . . LOL

Old 04-21-2008, 11:37 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 156 Likes on 53 Posts

Most dealers are using these now. Gas powered leaf blowers do not blow "clean" air and you can end up blowing oil or moisture on your bike. They are also not as handy and you could end up accidentally hitting your bike and chipping the paint.

Old 04-21-2008, 11:39 AM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

ORIGINAL: Terry1955

Most dealers are using these now. Gas powered leaf blowers do not blow "clean" air and you can end up blowing oil or moisture on your bike. They are also not as handy and you could end up accidentally hitting your bike and chipping the paint.
True. I also try to ride down the road in only "filtered" air.

Old 04-21-2008, 11:43 AM
greg09997
Road Warrior
Received 98 Likes on 49 Posts

Wife told me I was already full of hot air and that I didn't need one

Old 04-21-2008, 11:45 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 156 Likes on 53 Posts

Once you leave your garage you are on your own. At least you will start out dry and clean. Kinda like me in the morning after my shower.

ORIGINAL: xxxflhrci

ORIGINAL: Terry1955

Old 04-21-2008, 11:46 AM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: xxxflhrci

Now that's funny
+1 on the leaf blower! I don't even have any leaves........

Old 04-21-2008, 11:07 PM
Dispatch
Road Warrior

Received 523 Likes on 271 Posts

ORIGINAL: sifularson

This is what it looks like for anyone who has never seen one. Like an old time vacuum cleaner.

I love the thing. I remove the tourpak and bags when I wash. After that, I remove the seat and side covers so I can blow all the water out of the tight spots. Having a thumb screw on the seat makes it fast.

I also like to put my bike up on my J&S so I can get under it to wash off all the road grime. S100 motorcycle wash really helps.

As far as moving the MB around, I haven't had too much trouble. I do know they make a wall bracket but I haven't had the need.

[IMG]local://upfiles/14366/245A206AD4E94991BFC093CF59DC61F8.jpg[/IMG]

EDIT . . . here we go with the leaf blower posts again . . . LOL
I agree completely. I love the one I have as well. I'm sorry I didn't get one years ago. It was a bit pricy though, $300.00www.bikeremporium.com) + free shipping! It is "top notchquality", American made. It's so damn powerful!The only thing I would like to see them make for it is some sort of backpack strapping system. It's heavy and the hose is heavy and a bit long. Having bothhands free (except for holding the hose), would make it a sinch to maneuver around. I put 2 toggle switch covers over the switches. It is a nice touch. They even say 'fans' on them. I can foresee many years ofgood service with this new blower, most likely a lifetime. If you can swing the price, I definitely recommend getting one. Your ride will thank you for it. You won't be sorry. [sm=usa.gif]

Quick Reply: Airforce 'Master Blaster' Motorcycle Dryer.