Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swingarm/Transmission stabilizer issue?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 03:51 PM
speedglide
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Swingarm/Transmission stabilizer issue?

That's excellent Jinks! I'm looking forward to my new setup, not that I had any major complaints with my Road Glide either. I do have a buddy with a Street glide that did experience the "wobble" down in the hills of the smokey mtns. I didn't have my Road Glide at the time, but I do plan on taking it this year on our annual trip. I don't plan on giving the "wobble" a chance to show itself. We ride hard sometimes and I don't want to feel uneasy the whole friggin time waiting for "it" to happen! LOL!
Jason

Old 04-21-2008, 08:13 PM
izzi
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Swingarm/Transmission stabilizer issue?

stabilizers work. the buell statement is valid.at first it was snake-oil. now there are quite a few versions. just get one. i dont care what brand.
i have a true -track . the pan mount=more heat issue is a crock.
i'll plug it...............true track.
the "negatives" (for some)on a true track may be more of the ground clearance ( 11" shocks+ aggressive floorboard scrapin' riding) OR using the J&S jack (wider rails on the jack will rest under the dog-bone and lean the bike forward) . easy mod for jack .as far as ground clearance, your style of riding and suspension set up may vary. i have a j&s jack/and ride at 10 1/2"-11" on rear shocks. i just watch the speed bumps.
one of our members runs a true track-that has been scraped down to "his perfect angle" and he had no problems.
i'd like to see some close-ups of the different versions. here is a TT