Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T-Rex 3" Dual Straights

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 04:02 PM
BCSKYPILOT
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: T-Rex 3" Dual Straights

I'de love to hear a sound clip as well. I'm going back and forth between these and another... I listen to music when I ride and haven't upgraded my speakers yet...

Old 09-06-2006, 01:55 AM
Ganno57
Tourer

ORIGINAL: HD Renegade

I just got home from a 100 mile group ride and no-one said that my pipes were to loud. Anyone that said anything at all said how much they liked them. Even the guy the was running behind my at 80 mph to get back to the front after blocking traffic for the group, said very nice pipes. I was the only one in the group that had these pipes. People liked the look of them, and the no clamp thing too. Good sound, and good looks.

I fogot to mention, this bike has some A$$ Kicking Legs on the highway when you put the power to it!!!!! 80mph is so smooth!!

Bob
I agree with you Bob. But, they are too loud for me and plan on pulling them off this weekend (9-10-06) after a 150 mile ride. I rode for 4 hours this past weekend and they are just too loud for me. City streets or back roads are fine around 55 mph but get it on the highway at 70+ and it is all over. So here I go again searching for a good sound with less volume.

To be honest the pipes went on without a hitch, the fit was very good. However the chrome in some places has some lite scuff marks from the packaging. I feel they could easily be polished out with some Semi-Chrome but since I am not keeping them I don’t intend to go through the trouble. After this coming weekend I’m going to post them in the “For Sale” section for $450 and put something else on the scooter, AGAIN.

Old 09-06-2006, 07:27 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Electra Geezer

ORIGINAL: HD Renegade

I just got home from a 100 mile group ride and no-one said that my pipes were to loud. Anyone that said anything at all said how much they liked them. Even the guy the was running behind my at 80 mph to get back to the front after blocking traffic for the group, said very nice pipes. I was the only one in the group that had these pipes. People liked the look of them, and the no clamp thing too. Good sound, and good looks.

I fogot to mention, this bike has some A$$ Kicking Legs on the highway when you put the power to it!!!!! 80mph is so smooth!!

Bob
I agree with you Bob. But, they are too loud for me and plan on pulling them off this weekend (9-10-06) after a 150 mile ride. I rode for 4 hours this past weekend and they are just too loud for me. City streets or back roads are fine around 55 mph but get it on the highway at 70+ and it is all over. So here I go again searching for a good sound with less volume.

To be honest the pipes went on without a hitch, the fit was very good. However the chrome in some places has some lite scuff marks from the packaging. I feel they could easily be polished out with some Semi-Chrome but since I am not keeping them I don’t intend to go through the trouble. After this coming weekend I’m going to post them in the “For Sale” section for $450 and put something else on the scooter, AGAIN.
Sorry to hear that the pipes did not work out for you. I have over 5000 miles on mine, and I still love the sound from them. I sure that you should not have any issues selling them either.

Bob

Old 09-06-2006, 08:45 PM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Musta got the ones.....with the RACING baffles![]

Old 09-07-2006, 02:37 AM
Ganno57
Tourer

It is no ones fault but my own. I have only seen and heard one other set. When the guy left the dealer he must not have stood on it hard because they were loud but I thought I could handle the volume. Right now they only make one baffle but have a quiet one in the works which is due out in about two months. It is going to be noise legal, whatever that means. I am going to pull these off Sunday, post them in the "For Sale" forum, and order something on Monday to have before the following weekend.

Old 12-23-2006, 05:25 PM
WHITE ROAD KING
Stage I

Has any put the 3" HardKrome true duals on a 2007 Road King?

Old 12-23-2006, 05:42 PM
06ultra
Elite HDF Member

Hey I thought them T-REX's were Clampless. I know I saw a CLAMP in that part's bag.

Old 02-17-2007, 10:35 AM
Baddflhtcu
Advanced

Bounty: Those are the cleanest & baddestlookingpipes I've ever seen!! Do they sound as good as they look? I can't findthem for 07's on their website. Do you know anyone who has them on an 07? Did you have clearance issues when you put them on?

Old 02-17-2007, 12:45 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,337 Likes on 2,527 Posts

i've seen several recommendations for vendors through this site, but not this one:

http://www.shopzanottimotor.com/shop...;catalogId=643

gotta admit, they look nice, but i don't want to get too loud. gonna have to decide soon though.

Old 03-13-2007, 11:14 PM
Indianspringsaz
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone got some dyno time with these pipes?

Quick Reply: T-Rex 3" Dual Straights