Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T-Rex 3" Dual Straights

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 06:01 PM
ScooterGuitar
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: T-Rex 3" Dual Straights

Ok, just spoke with a performance shop about doing a dyno and they can get any exhaust I need. They advised me to "stay away" from the Hard Krome products! Said a few years down the road they tend to get pitting and peeling of the chrome, and that it has happened frequently. They also said other similar styled pipes get better results on dyno. These guys have been doing it for four years and are pretty down to earth about things.\So, anyone care to comment? How long have you had yours? I'm telling you, if even if the above os true, I am still leaning towards them for looks alone.

Old 04-28-2006, 06:10 PM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hard Krome for 6 years and no issues, one of the main reasons I put them on this bike. No one else engineers their pipes with one piece welded heat shields (doublewall/no clamps) and offers a 1 year guarantee against bluing. Top quality, let me know if you find a fatter/sweeter, better looking/performing true dual!

Old 04-28-2006, 06:51 PM
ScooterGuitar
Tourer

For soem reason, i knew I'd hear from you! I am just repeating what they said, also they said when they have contacted them abotu the issues, they didn;t want to deal with the problems. Funny, thsi is the first negative thing I ahve read or heard about them.

Old 04-28-2006, 09:34 PM
okie
2nd Gear

I have a new Roadglide coming in the beginning of June and have been monitoring this website for weeks. I am currently running White brothers E-Series slip-ons on my FLHT, but want a true dual system for the new Roadglide. I love the deep sound of Rhineharts, but like the looks of the T-Rex. Do the T-Rex have that same deep sound? I dont want anything that has that tin-canny garbage truck sound. Has anyone heard T-Rex and Rhineharts side by side????

Old 04-28-2006, 09:38 PM
HogBack
Road Master

Three inch!! That is huge!! I'd like to see a dyno first, as 2 inchers are also huge... IMO there has to be some backpressure or the HP and TQ will fall flat with anything in the 100 HP area or less...

Old 04-29-2006, 12:20 PM
Maxcustody
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I alway's loved the looks of the pipes but never heard them. When I got my SG, I figured what the hell and ordered them. I could not be happier. They are the best looking and sounding pipes I have heard on any bike. I have an 05 Fatboy with V&H Big Radius pipes with no baffles and the T-Rex are louder and deeper sound. No tin sound at all. People I ride with don't want to ride behind me due to the fact they say they are too loud. You can never be too loud, Loud Pipes Save Lives..........

I have almost 600 miles on it now and will be getting it dynoed soon, I will post results when I get it done.

Old 04-29-2006, 09:37 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

I just got home from a 100 mile group ride and no-one said that my pipes were to loud. Anyone that said anything at all said how much they liked them. Even the guy the was running behind my at 80 mph to get back to the front after blocking traffic for the group, said very nice pipes. I was the only one in the group that had these pipes. People liked the look of them, and the no clamp thing too. Good sound, and good looks.

I fogot to mention, this bike has some A$$ Kicking Legs on the highway when you put the power to it!!!!! 80mph is so smooth!!

Bob

Old 05-21-2006, 06:18 AM
SgtDiesel
Advanced

I have a new Roadglide coming in the beginning of June and have been monitoring this website for weeks. I am currently running White brothers E-Series slip-ons on my FLHT, but want a true dual system for the new Roadglide. I love the deep sound of Rhineharts, but like the looks of the T-Rex. Do the T-Rex have that same deep sound? I dont want anything that has that tin-canny garbage truck sound. Has anyone heard T-Rex and Rhineharts side by side????
I rode a couple of weeks ago with my friend on his 2003 Peace Officer Ultra Classic with the Rinehart true duals that he has bragged about since he got the bike new. At my suggestion we had a little audible comparison. We compared at idle, stationary rev, acceleration and cruising. Even he had to admit that my T-Rexes sounded deeper, louder and just... BETTER! I loved hearing him say that.

As I told my wife after my first test ride after I installed the T-Rexes, "It sounds like Luciano Pavarotti singing." Seriously though, the best comparison that I can make is the throaty sound of a tuned exhaust on a Mustang 5.0 except about ten times louder.

I'm definitely on bountyhunter's bandwagon with praising the T-Rexes, but honestly I don't want too many people to get them, especially in this area. One reason I leaned away from the Rineharts in the first place and looked for something else is because I wanted to be unique.

Chris

Old 05-21-2006, 06:23 AM
jfanton
Road Captain

Great analogy with the 5.0 as I used to own one with two chamber Flowmasters...

Old 05-21-2006, 12:30 PM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At first they seemed a bit too loud for me. I've had them on for about 2 weeks now and rode to Myrtle Beach yesterday for bike week. Either I am loosing my hearing or used to them. They sound great. Others in my pack had louder pipes but mine had the deepest tone to them. A lot of complements from others as they want a set. You can't go wrong with these pipes.

Quick Reply: T-Rex 3" Dual Straights