Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T-Rex 3" Dual Straights

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 04:22 PM
zubaugh
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: T-Rex 3" Dual Straights

Just got off the phone with HK. They are emailing me the instructions for my 05 Ultra. I asked about the big hose clamp. They said I should not have gotten that, it's for their slip ons.

Bob
ORIGINAL: HD Renegade

I know how you feel. Mine came yesterday, and there was no paper work for them in the box. I will have the dealer put them on at the first service, and the PCIII and do the dyno custom fuel map too.

The one part that bugs me, is what is the big hose clamp for??

Bob

Old 02-15-2006, 07:53 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, cuz that same clamp is in the box with mine too.

Bob

ORIGINAL: zubaugh

Just got off the phone with HK. They are emailing me the instructions for my 05 Ultra. I asked about the big hose clamp. They said I should not have gotten that, it's for their slip ons.

Bob
ORIGINAL: HD Renegade

I know how you feel. Mine came yesterday, and there was no paper work for them in the box. I will have the dealer put them on at the first service, and the PCIII and do the dyno custom fuel map too.

The one part that bugs me, is what is the big hose clamp for??

Bob

Old 02-15-2006, 07:56 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

This was the place I found the best price, and free shipping too.

http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/..._Code=961-2000

Bob

ORIGINAL: colt45

Cheapest place to get these T Rex pipes -? Hey Bounty how do you like those cruise boards? Kury really makes some awesome stuff, huh?

Old 02-16-2006, 12:03 AM
wingt50dw
Road Master

Those are SWEEET pipes, the best looking ones I have seen for a bagger...How do they sound...Maybe you shouldn't tell me because they are WAY over my budget.

Old 02-16-2006, 12:47 PM
1999cobra
Banned

I love them pipes - (although I don't have them) I have a friend that has the V&H set up and she hates them. She said they were overpriced as well. Be careful what you spend your hard earned cash on, do your research, some people will tell you their stuff is sweet even if it's bad cause they don't want to admit to making a bad purchase, anyway.

Thanks for providing the link to better pricing we are looking to purchase the T Rex and unload the V&H (rusting and turning blue) can't even sell them on Ebay, oh well. Will post pic's when we get (T Rex) on.

Old 02-16-2006, 03:04 PM
MiniMe
Road Master

My HD dealer called me. They are trying to get the T-Rex pipes to fit. They pointed out that on the right side of my SG the rear brake lever touches the pipe. Tell me if this is a problem. On the left side the pipe almost touches the primary. Had a hard time fitting a shop rag between the pipe and the primary. For a rubber mounted motor I see this as a problem. The left side fuse cover would not fit back on the bike unless you removed the pipe, the crome on the left pipe was pitted (badly), plus no instruction, so they were not sure what needed to come off or go on. The hose clamp that came with it, they did not know where it went again (no instructions), and they can't reach anyone from the company tech support because they are at a show in Indianapolis. Oh yea, no spacers for the right side floor board, again they were not able to remount that. So I'm pretty pi$$ed off about this product. They are waiting for a call back from Hard Crome, but I'm already looking for a different exhaust. They will more than likely get this junk back. Any input would be nice.

Old 02-16-2006, 04:32 PM
CycleGiant.com
Former Sponsor

I'm installing a set of these T-Rex on my 2006 Street Glide at the lowest price below..

Let me know if you were able to mount yours after all the problems you describe here, many people on this board have them, has anyone else had fitment issues? I'm going to order a set in the next few days and would be curious to hear some feedback..

http://www.cyclegiant.com/pgroup_des...y_id%3D3221%26

Old 02-16-2006, 05:31 PM
LawDawgs1
Novice

I would really like to hear more on these pipes. When I first saw these pipes I just fell in love with them and came very close to ordering a set, but then got to thinking about the size of the pipe and was worried about the fitment around the engine, floorboards and primary. Please let us know how it turns out...

Old 02-16-2006, 07:28 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

I am still keeping mine. They will not be put on the bike until I hit the 800 mile range. I have a set of DG Hard Krome Big Straights on my metric bike. Yes they may be close to a few things but it was not a big deal with them as they are double walled. Plus they are warrentted against blueing too.

Maybe BountyHunter will chime in here and give some input on his. I think that he said he put his on him self.

Bob

Old 02-17-2006, 10:00 PM
Ganno57
Tourer

ORIGINAL: 1999cobra

I love them pipes - (although I don't have them) I have a friend that has the V&H set up and she hates them. She said they were overpriced as well. Be careful what you spend your hard earned cash on, do your research, some people will tell you their stuff is sweet even if it's bad cause they don't want to admit to making a bad purchase, anyway.

Thanks for providing the link to better pricing we are looking to purchase the T Rex and unload the V&H (rusting and turning blue) can't even sell them on Ebay, oh well. Will post pic's when we get (T Rex) on.
Which V&H pipes do you have and which one does your friend have? Are they the new V&H "BIG SHOT" true duals? With all the V&H pipes I've had in the past I've never had a problem. Right now I'm running the new style Rinehart True Duals and they fit like a glove. I'm just now 100% crazy about the sound although anything louder might present a problem hearing the radio.

Quick Reply: T-Rex 3" Dual Straights