Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD's Denim finishes

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 06:50 PM
blueride
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HD's Denim finishes

Kaiser Sose,

That denium blue on your SG is the cats meow.... nice contrast with the chrome.

Wish HD had it on the RG's.

Old 04-20-2008, 07:02 PM
61panhead
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Justa5o

Love my pewter denim. But would like to see the one you were talking about that was sprayed with clear coat. Got a link????

I do not have a link. I saw the bike with my own eyes, in person, in Northern Georgia.

I do not personally like the normal denim finish in any color. But the clearcoated pewter knocked my socks off.

Old 04-20-2008, 07:35 PM
Aslan
Road Master

I like the Denim on certain models. Ithink it makes the bike look aged and gives it ahard core don't mess with me look.

Old 04-20-2008, 07:53 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

To me the denim paint looks unfinished on most models. I do really like it in black on the new CrossBones. That bike looks like it should have flat black paint. Most other models, especially the dressers, just look unfinished.

Bill

Old 04-21-2008, 12:22 AM
psalm91
Advanced

If you want to see the denim colors with clear coat just look at the regular bikes. The denim look is all in the clear coat. Pewter Denim is pewter pearl with a flat clear, same base coat with different clear. Denim blue is Pacific Blue, a great color. The same with the Silver and black. Alot of dealerships can't move the denim bikes so the just scuff and reclear them.

Old 04-21-2008, 05:36 AM
Walkonwater
Cruiser

I've only seen the denim black on a Street Bob and it looked awsome.

Old 04-21-2008, 05:36 PM
Kaiser Sose
Advanced

Blueride, thanks m'man, appreciate it. Can't really bash people for their tastes...mine being plain and simple.
I've had more positive comments than negative...and it seems to grow on those who don't like it at first.
One thing I've noticed is, it's a dust magnet...really hard to keep it clean. Not sure if it's because of a more porous finish, or it just stands out more because it's flat.
Another thing I've noticed...it's still a Harley, and it turns heads, in motion or standing still.
Oh, and ladies love it...(that, or the stupid grin I'm always wearin' is infectious).
Thanks again, take care, and enjoy.

Old 04-21-2008, 06:06 PM
brinks13081
Cruiser

I have the dark blue denim. I absolutely love the color, it looks kinda of subdued/military to me. I just use soap and water and it cleans up perfect. The only problem I have with it is, if you do scratch it, your screwed, it has to be repainted. So until I scratch the hell out of it I'll enjoy the denim look.

Old 04-21-2008, 06:43 PM
08flhx
Novice

I also have the dark blue denim on my 08 flhx. Before I bought it I went to three dealers. The first two dealers told me clean it with soap and water only. The dealer I purchased from was the only one who knew the real method. Soap and water when washing, ammonia based windex in between washes and you can also use harley gloss if you dont want the denim paint to achieve its weathered look.

Old 04-22-2008, 12:47 AM
Bobberino
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pewter denim??? ah man, I thought it was primer and gettin ready to shoot it. Pewters are way easier to clean , no wax, although as someone said that its like a pair of jeans, itll eventually get dull and look all used up. But thats cool, by then Id have enuff money to get that cool paint job i want.

Quick Reply: HD's Denim finishes