Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED HELP From the Touring Section.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008 | 06:20 AM
recross
Tourer
Default RE: NEED HELP From the Touring Section.

Gotcha.....ElectraRick...had a few good suggestions....whatever you do if a dyno is available that should be done for your best performance...

Old 04-22-2008 | 06:38 AM
recross
Tourer

Hey check out this site.....www.bigcitythunder.com....looks like this is what you might be looking for......lle me know...I might be interested also.........

Old 04-22-2008 | 07:08 AM
big_al
Elite HDF Member

You should not have any issues selling that exhaust as it is very popular. I have them on my bike and do cruise at 85-95 while on the highway, the wind noise bothers me a hell of alot more than the exhaust thou..

Old 04-22-2008 | 07:19 AM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: recross

I believe rhineharts have a quieter baffle slip in.......loud pipes do suck if your doing highway miles day in and day out....ear plugs will work also for this type of riding.......
+1 on the baffles, that is the first thing I would try to do. Plus you could throw in a little extra wrap on the baffles. That build has to breath, you choke it out and you have just thrown a bunch of bucks down the drain.

Old 04-22-2008 | 09:11 AM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member

With stock/regular factory mufflers you'll probably find the bike choking - too much restriction. Find a good performance slip-on that's quieter (SuperTrapps are not bad) and then have the bike tuned to them and you should find it much more enjoyable.

Old 04-22-2008 | 09:23 AM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZobILLJ9MM

Have a listen to the S & S SPO's.

Old 04-22-2008 | 09:31 AM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member

I have either tried or listened to many different mufflers for the same reason you mentioned. I also have the V&H true duals but I decided to stay with the factory 96 ci. I tried the new 64895-07A's and very happy with them. Has a nice low rumble with a slightly louder sound as compared to stock mufflers. I have a stage 1 and lost very little performance but gained better mpg due to the better Tq. I can hear my radio at any speed but when I twist the throttle it sounds good but still not loud. There are many many good mufflers to chose from. The number 1 factor in picking mufflers is no one's ears are the same so the sound that you like may not be what I like. spring is here so check some of your local places as where folks hang out and listen to what they have. The stock mufflers are very restricted on the left side-almost a fake you might say. Since you did not mention what bike you have I am assuming you have at least a 07 ultra because you say you like to tour and it is now a 103 ci.
jim

Old 04-22-2008 | 03:45 PM
86eglide
4th Gear

How about trying some earplugs? I find that I am not as tired and am still able to hear the radio, traffic and all, even at 70-80mph when I remember to use my earplugs. The cheap foam ones are good, but the higher quality/price ones are even better at making your ride more enjoyable, less tiring and will save your hearing in the long run.

Old 04-22-2008 | 04:05 PM
nemick
Road Warrior

I have the BUB 7 true duals on my RKC and at a cruising speed of 75 I can hardly hear them. I don't have a radio so I don't know if I could hear it or not, but the BUB 7 system is no louder, to my ears, than the stock system at this speed/rpm.

Just my .02c

Old 04-22-2008 | 04:24 PM
michaelm
Tourer

I have great respect for Joe Minton and his recommendations.
This is the only slip-on he recommends.
S/Os HD Mikuni FLH/FLT 95-08, CHROME #128-78045 $338.00
http://www.supertrapp.com/product_se...emID=128-78045

Note: many styles of end caps available. They cost in addition to the mufflers.
You probably will need another dyno tune after the pipes are installed to ensure the best performance.

Quick Reply: NEED HELP From the Touring Section.