Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Bagger Motor Mount

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006 | 11:49 AM
HDF Tech
|
Banned
Default New Bagger Motor Mount

An updated motor mount has replaced the older style that have colapsed after very few miles when used as a replacement part for defective mounts..

https://www.hdforums.com/m_202982/mp.../tm.htm#202982

Old 02-14-2006 | 12:36 PM
jfanton
Road Captain
Default RE: New Bagger Motor Mount (not so good)

ORIGINAL: TCSTD

Reports are that the new and improved mount for baggers is not holding up as thought...

https://www.hdforums.com/m_202982/mp.../tm.htm#202982
So if I understand you correctly; The latest release mm p/n 16207-79C is not holding up?
I am confused because the picture that your're using for reference is of the original '06 mm p/n 16207-79B.

They replaced my mm on the 1k service 'cause they said it was torn. The original mm looked like 79B, the new one looks like 79C.

Can you clarify please?

Old 02-14-2006 | 12:51 PM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior

Yea was a little confused also, LOL

Old 02-14-2006 | 01:08 PM
100yrfatboy
Road Captain

The 79B, the mount that has been coming on the baggers is the malfunctioning mount. The 79C is the replacement, that may or may not be on the production line at this time. My bike is in the shop getting major mods done on it. My front mount is disintigrated after only 2300 miles. They have been finding many. I was told the company making them had a really huge bad batch. They will have to keep changing them as they appear. They seem to have no way to track the bad ones. That's what I was told last week.

Old 02-14-2006 | 02:35 PM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member

Guess I'll just play the wait and see game

Old 02-14-2006 | 03:18 PM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member

Anyone tried to get the dealer to replace the mount before it fails, as a matter of preventive maintenence? Or do you have to wait until the mount is shot to get it replaced?

Old 02-14-2006 | 03:46 PM
diiulio
Advanced

The warranty says it retrofits all touring models back to '80 and that all '06 models should have the new one. Does this mean my '96 RK should be replaced with the newer one? I figure if it was going to fail it would have by now.

Old 02-14-2006 | 04:33 PM
solorider
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Neckball

Anyone tried to get the dealer to replace the mount before it fails, as a matter of preventive maintenence? Or do you have to wait until the mount is shot to get it replaced?
Yes, I tried to get my dealer to do this as a preventative thing but they wouldn't. Reason: The MOCO wouldn't foot the bill unless the mount had failed.

Old 02-14-2006 | 04:46 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member

My dealer change the original mount (79B) before it failed 'cause I was complaining so much about vibration in the floorboards.
Guess what? After about a week I had them reinstall the original 'cause I felt the 79C was harder rubber therefore making the vibration more pronounced. Of course after I got the bike Dynoed with a SERT, most of the vibration is gone but the new compound is definitly harder. If you are sensitive toward vibration you will tell the difference.

Frank

Old 02-14-2006 | 07:11 PM
jfanton
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: foneman

My dealer change the original mount (79B) before it failed 'cause I was complaining so much about vibration in the floorboards.
Guess what? After about a week I had them reinstall the original 'cause I felt the 79C was harder rubber therefore making the vibration more pronounced. Of course after I got the bike Dynoed with a SERT, most of the vibration is gone but the new compound is definitly harder. If you are sensitive toward vibration you will tell the difference.

Frank
Not trying to be argumentative, but I strongly disagree. This '06 RG is my first rubbermount, and I remember looking at and tapping on the original 79B while I was cleaning the bike. The 79B was very hard, like a hockey puck, nicely finished and barely moved while the engine was running. The 79C is spongy to the touch and is much more unfinished looking than the 79B and the engine definetly "moves" more with the new mm. When I got the bike back after the mount was replaced, there was noticably more vibration while idling. But it's smooth while riding. In fact, when I got home and got off the bike to open the garage door the engine was shaking violently. So much so, that I thought there was something wrong with this new mm. I called the service dept. and they said this was normal. It really hasn't shook that violently since that day, but still vibrates pretty good at idle.

Quick Reply: New Bagger Motor Mount