Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 ultra seat

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 06:24 PM
kasper68
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 ultra seat

just got my 08 ultra classic today.i would like to know if the screaming eagle seat will give me more room i feel cramped on the stock seat and need to move back. i am 6 foot tall had more room on my 07 heritage

Old 04-19-2008, 09:55 PM
MACK
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: 08 ultra seat

You may want to consider the low profile hd seat or the tall boy or the road zepplin. I am also 6 ft with no problem with the stock seat. The SE seat from the 08 ultra and earlier are heated I believe and will most probably not give more room.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:07 PM
roadking48
Cruiser

GOOD LUCK GETTING ANSWERS!!! I've been e-mailing seat company's for same answers, getting run around. Corbins what i had on 2001 roadking, want the same feel, but can't get any answers from corbin, they changed the look, asked them if they changed seat height, position of rider, stiffness, etc, have yet to get answer!!! Harley tallboy i looked at harley dealer was too soft for me. Danny gray makes a seat that looks like old corbin i had, but e-mailed them when they'd start to make it, they e-mailed back that they weren't making that seat for 08 models, they were making a seat called the Doubleback for 08 ultras, went to drag spec. site they want 700.00 dollars for it, but can't return if don't like it!!!!
I'm going to Myrtle beach bike week, they always have the seat manuf. there to look at there seats, hope to find something i liike!!!!
Main reason i'm going, don't want to be stuck with something i don't like..tried of feeling like i'm sitting on gas tank!!!! put 300 miles on it today, can live with stock seat till myrtle. asked c&c who does seat mods of stock seats and he said he couldn't make stock seat like a corbin, just wanted back acouple inches and stiffer padding. so still lokking... mark

Old 04-19-2008, 11:20 PM
Trey Hogger
Road Master

The 08 Tallboy seat sits you stock height but back two full inches. It's noticeable right away, gets your thighs off the tank. I'm not sure how comfortable it'll be on a longer ride, but around town so far, not bad. Not as much a bucket feel as the stock seat, which is too bad. Highway pegs are still the best way to stretch out. Oh, and I'm 6'5". I also agree, I have more room on my 06 Heritage.

Old 04-20-2008, 06:16 AM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Here's an alternative that could save you some bucks: buy an '08 Road Glide seat. I bought an '08 Electra Glide seat for my Road Glide because my passenger wanted a bit more comfort. It definitely sets me forward and taller by about an inch in each direction, a major disappointment over the stock Road Glide seat. And it's not any more comfortable despite the additional padding. I just finished an 1800 mile solo ride on the stock Road Glide seat and was very comfortable and impressed. The stock Road Glide seats can be found every day on eBay for much less than an aftermarket seat.