Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unpredictable spring weather, this ain't pretty!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 01:01 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Unpredictable spring weather, this ain't pretty!

Nahhh....I might snow up here 4 months of the year, but I would'nt leave Alberta and the Rockies for all the tea in China. Besides, we can ride here without getting blown off the bike by hurricanes or earth quakes and we only need the air conditioning4 months of the year. I'm pretty happy for the most part, just need to buy a new snow machine for days like this.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:15 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 662 Likes on 412 Posts

The weather in the Chicago / Milwaukee area has been unpredictable, too.We've had temps in the 70's, but I still have the feeling it could snow again.I've got to keep thesnowblower and lawn mower gassed up! Unbelieveable!

Old 04-21-2008, 02:13 PM
Donnylee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 854 Likes on 296 Posts

Yes who ever explained the weather as Pshyco....Yea it has been in Oregon City for sure.. I am about out of my mind with it.......

Old 04-21-2008, 02:54 PM
clarkchriston
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The wife has been wanting to move to the warmer weather of AZ for years. I think new bike she encouraged me to purchase may have just been a ploy cause now all she does is remind me of the fact I could be riding without my rain suit if we lived there. Instead I'm forcedto waitfor the occasional nice day to actually enjoy my ride. I don't ever remember the weather being this crazy up here in the Pacific NW,probably just the RKC sitting in garagegivingme thebad weather blues.

Old 04-21-2008, 03:30 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: GlideMan

Nahhh....I might snow up here 4 months of the year, but I would'nt leave Alberta and the Rockies for all the tea in China. Besides, we can ride here without getting blown off the bike by hurricanes or earth quakes and we only need the air conditioning4 months of the year. I'm pretty happy for the most part, just need to buy a new snow machine for days like this.
Weather synopsis for Baton Rouge:

Snow? Can't show any photos, because the last time it snowed cameras hadn't been invented.
Hurricanes? Yeah, every 5-10 years lasting one day. Pick up the crap in the yard the next, then it's back to riding.
Air-conditioning? Yeah, like six month outa the year. Heat pump three of the remaining six months.

Sound good? Overall it is, as we ride year 'round--but July and August days aren't fit for human or animal life after noon. Brutal heat and humidity you'd expect in a Burmese jungle. The alligators love it, though. It's 88° outside as I write this.