Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Bleeder from AutoZone or Kragen?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 12:46 AM
gliderman
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Bleeder from AutoZone or Kragen?

Anyone happen to use the brake bleeders they sell at the auto parts stores? Auto Zone has one for $29. It's a small container with a trigger handle on it along with a gauge and some clear tubing. Not sure exactly how it works, but apparently it attaches to the bleeder valve at the caliper and you start pulling the trigger handle. Couldn't read the instructions as they were inside the package. Wondering if this device makes bleeding any easier/quicker? I have used many of the other more traditional methods, so I'm not looking for lessons on how to bleed the brake lines. Just want to know if anyone has used this device and if it works?

Old 04-19-2008, 05:02 AM
dgriffith
Road Warrior
Default RE: Brake Bleeder from AutoZone or Kragen?

Yes, I use one when I do brake jobs on my cars. It attaches to the bleeder screw on the caliper. # 1 you take cover off reservoir to keep a check on fluid level. # 2 put a dab of grease on the threads of the bleeder screw of caliper. It keeps air from going down the side of the screw and into the fluid to be drawn out with the vacuumed fluid. I you don't do this, it will act like there is still air in the system. They do a great job when it's time to change the fluid in the system.

Old 04-19-2008, 06:46 AM
StreetGlide2006
Road Warrior

Exactly right, I use one to change the fluid in both bikes every spring. I have always had good luck with mine and it makes it an easy one person job.

Ride Safe,

Mike

Old 04-19-2008, 07:01 AM
Capt.Bob
Tourer

I have the mity-vac and have been using it for years on mine and other peoples bikes. Works great just don't let the resevoir run dry when useing. I change the fluid every two years in my bikes and cars.