Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bagger Magazines what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 07:56 AM
Q Hog
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Bagger Magazines what do you think?

I ordered Hot Baggers over 4 weeks and it has not arrived yet. Guess I'm going to have to give them a call. Does it come monthly?

Old 04-19-2008, 09:14 AM
IceHeritage
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It i suppose to but the have some Issue there, sometimes the Mag is ontime others it's almost a Month late

Old 04-19-2008, 09:17 AM
IBHarley
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get American Bagger and so far its all fluff and pictures American rider is still my choice for information

Old 04-19-2008, 10:24 AM
Dispatch
Road Warrior

Received 531 Likes on 273 Posts

ORIGINAL: rgardjr

I've had a subscription to American Bagger for around half a year. I've got a buddy that gets the other one I think its Hot Bike Baggers. I guess it's better than nothing, but I think that most of the information/products in the magazines have already been thoroughly discussed around here long before the magazines get to them. It is cool to see the high quality photos of some of the forum members bikes in the magazine. Kind of seems a little stupid when there is a how to article about installing chrome caps on your front axle-I mean come on. Quite a few pages devoted to showing readers how to bolt on parts. It would be nice if they would offer some in depth reviews of products. I get the impression that some of the how-tos are just a glorified add for companys willing to send them free parts.
You are correct. The ads are like watching the Outdoor Channel on Wednesday Night At The Range. It's nothing but one 'big push' to sell their sponsor's products. I read all the motorcycle magazines I can on my lunch brake at a local Barnes And Noble, with a cup of coffee of course. They do have some good articles though, telling you how a show or event went like Sturgis or Daytona Bike Week/Biketoberfest which I make twice a year being I live here in this area. Sturgis 'I will' make some time soon. It also does give you insight into new things for your bike to improve your ride and comfort. Magazines, their just light reading. Enjoy'em.

Old 04-19-2008, 11:19 AM
Lost1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I've tried a bunch of different rags, and none of the bagger-specific ones do anything for me. I read American Iron occasionally for tech articles, but American Rider is probably my all-around favorite for how-to articles, bolt-ons, touring destinations, etc. As mentioned- it sucks that it only comes out every other month.

Most of the rest are too busy trying to show jap bike owners the latest "You too can look like a Road King!" bolt-on crap[:'(] or wasting pages on yet another reworded Victory Vision road test [yawn]: "It's fast, but unfortunately it has lackluster build quality, the side-opening saddlebags don't work well, and it looks like a space ship..."
[sm=sleeping.gif]

Old 04-19-2008, 08:10 PM
Bobberino
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a subscription to both Hot Bike Baggers and American Bagger. The bolt on products thing is ok, although Im sure if your on this site, u can wrench a lil, so puttin on axle nut covers shouldnt be shown in a rag. I just stare at the feature bikes and the reader bikes to get ideas and give thought while I sit on my porcelin throne after some mexican food.

Old 04-19-2008, 08:47 PM
jag1886
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I have only owned my big bike for abot 10 months and I find all the articles in those rag's to be a little out dated.
I have done almost all of the things they are doing months ago.

Old 04-19-2008, 09:15 PM
wbogley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I get hot bike baggers. Paid $39 for 36 issues. Hell, it is almost $1.00 per mag. They still have to pay the postage to mail it to my house. It is definintly worth reading also. I kind of look forward to it every month.