Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultra Classic Weight

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 07:16 AM
binkman78
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ultra Classic Weight

For the garage - just get a good jack and just spin it. Ride it in - ride it out.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:20 AM
Capt Jim
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

logger boots with sticky soles, never slip.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:50 AM
Windup08
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you checked to see how much drag is on your front brakes? My 08 Ultra had such a heavy drag that it was reallly hard for me to move around in the garage. When the bike was up on a lift you could not spin the front wheel, but actually had to push hard just to slowly rotate it around to get the valve stem where I wanted it to check air pressure. I put some Lyndall Z+ brake pads on and the drag is almost totally gone, and I notice it is at least a little easier to push the bike around the garage. I am short, 30" inseam, so not quit flat-footed, but I won't push my bike standing beside it, it feels like its going to flop over on the right side, especially when I try to put the kick-stand down, so I want to be sitting on it while rolling. I've learned my lesson as far as watching for inclines when parking and so far have not had to back it uphill....it is one heavy beast.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:27 AM
bob_kikkert
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow...Thanks for all the feedback guys. I should tell you that I have a lot of riding experience and have taken our version of the ERC which is taught to motorcycle police. I think this might be a question of intial shock as when I think back, my V-star seemed like a tank when I first got it new. I do have alow rider seat and my feet are flat on the ground so I'll thankfully consider all of the other good advice I've received here. I had a back rest on the V-star and that is something I will consider for this beast.

I will also stay away from narrow mountain roads. This reminds me of an incident I had when I first got my GPS. We were trying out the GPS on a known road and I noticed that the GPS was directing me up this hill and I thoght, "I didn't know you could go this way". Well I was right and the GPS was wrong because I went over the hill and then onto a downhill stretch where I ran out of road. No where to turn around and two guys near by helped me push it back up the hill. Glad it wasn't the Ultra