Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley expertise needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 05:27 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,352 Likes on 2,532 Posts
Default RE: Harley expertise needed

heres a pic of the dash on my custom. just out of curiosity, what are the options that they are giving you? i would think that since they don't have the part in stock and would have to order it anyway, just order the one that fits your bike (if its an 03, its definitely not a custom since 04 was the first year for that)

[IMG]local://upfiles/23224/75ADFEAB21F74416AF65A5A5ED6E270B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-17-2008, 06:50 AM
03dragonRK
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: 03dragonRK

FLHRS = Screaming Eagle (SVO) Road King
[/blockquote]

That would be FLHRSE

But what do I know...lol...

MarkandMary

That's what I get for assuming the question was only about 03 models as the Custom was not available then. Correction then - FLHRSE = SVO Road King.

LOL

Old 04-17-2008, 09:20 AM
2008FLHP
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

FLHPI ?

Old 04-17-2008, 02:55 PM
IronLegend
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: bkhanson

Yes, Iam serious, and Sorry but no shrink wrap here. Perhaps I should have been a little more detailed, at least to avoid the photo shopper from being too wise.I am serious?
Don't get too concerned,some onthe forum are a bittestyfor whatever reason butyou will find mostare pretty good to answer withouthaving to besarcastic about it.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:05 PM
gwcrim
Tourer

Fake HD tattoos are MANDATORY!

Old 04-17-2008, 03:18 PM
bkhanson
Intermediate

Yeah, its pretty easy to figure out the denims from the dockers here. Thanks for the imput.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:41 PM
Shoe
Cruiser

Yeah, its pretty easy to figure out the denims from the dockers here. Thanks for the imput.
Whatever dude.... You phrased the question wrong, not me.....So I thought you were another one of those clueless, didn't read the owners manual, wears 400 pieces of HD embroidered clothing, and has never done any wrenching on his own bike type people and was poking a little fun at you.

I apparently was wrong. You need to get thicker skin my friend....... Thats all I will say.

Remember, I'm not the one who posted this:

What is the difference between a standard and a custom? Mine has hard bags
Didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

Be safe,
Dave

Old 04-17-2008, 03:59 PM
bkhanson
Intermediate

No hurt feelings here shoe, but I also did mention that mine was an 03. Someone did mention that there was no Custom in 03, and from what Ive found its true. As far as wrenching, I do what I can, or a few beers and the buddies. I will buy from a dealer but will not use thier shops. If I put it on, I know what I got and it better educates me of the bike. And for the most part, ive been dealing with electircal and its a major pain. I needed a tank panel pouch to house an Ipod. This way the cord can come thru the mounting hole there, and remain hidded without having to too many wires exposed.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:07 PM
Shoe
Cruiser

No hurt feelings here shoe, but I also did mention that mine was an 03. Someone did mention that there was no Custom in 03, and from what Ive found its true. As far as wrenching, I do what I can, or a few beers and the buddies. I will buy from a dealer but will not use thier shops. If I put it on, I know what I got and it better educates me of the bike. And for the most part, ive been dealing with electircal and its a major pain. I needed a tank panel pouch to house an Ipod. This way the cord can come thru the mounting hole there, and remain hidded without having to too many wires exposed.
I thought you were asking a general question, so I didnt give much thought to the 2003/custom part of the question. Electrical can be a pain in the ***. I understand what you are looking to do now, makes sense. Let me know if you want me to snap a picture of my tank. I have a RKC. I don't know if it would do you any good, but Iwould be more than happy to take a quick pic of it and post it if it helps you.

Take care,
Dave

Old 04-17-2008, 04:51 PM
ScooterJammer
Cruiser

Does this beat my question about the "trip se-set button"??

Quick Reply: Harley expertise needed