Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spring has officially started...

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 08:07 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 616 Likes on 332 Posts
Default Spring has officially started...

I was out riding yesterday with my windshield off soaking up the nice warm Tennessee sun,and then it happened.Bam..and I saw it coming..a very large bug hit me just right of my nose,and left behind a nice bug splat of goo,and a little knot on my face. In my twisted way I grinned and said to myself ,AH one of the perks to riding a motorcycle. Well as luck would have it a few more miles down the road and Bam could I have been Mr Lucky twice over this very short time? No this time a nice Yellow Jacket found the crack between my Helmet and scull,and proceeded to to lay in to me on my left ear with a nice sharp stinger.AH once again one of the perks to riding a motorcycle. I am going riding today... but will be installing the windshield..Have a good ride today..

Old 04-16-2008, 08:20 AM
stimul8ing guy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Spring has officially started...

Ican see your point....don't ask me how I know! I never leave home without the windshield anymore!

Old 04-16-2008, 08:30 AM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was riding this weekend I see dot all over the windshield like it was raining. Nope just bugs.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:02 AM
Zimbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

That yellow jacket brings back some memories. I got one caught between my chinstrap and cheek last summer. It tore me up till I got my lid off. Had to go back and get my helmet from the road afterI gathered myself. AAHHHHHH, the joys of summer.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:41 AM
Xtreme Hawg
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been there done that, I have a 9" windshield on my Ultra andlast weekwhile riding a large flying crustacean type bug,I think it was of the "June Bug" variety, slipped through the air stream of my windshield and nailed me between my lid and the top of my sunglasses, yep he splattered and up came my first Unicorn Hornof the year!!! Rode with it all day, still got a little knot on my forehead!!! so, welcome to springtime, it's a whole lot better than winter!!! "D"