Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone use Leatherup.com to buy a helmet?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 09:47 AM
vinnieee
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone use Leatherup.com to buy a helmet?

I ordered a helmet from Leatherup.com and received it in a week and the box it was shipped in was perfect condition and taped up good. Opened it up and the helmet box was a wreck and all taped up to hold it together, then I opened it up to see how the helmet looked and if it was protected by Styrofoam – no foam and the helmet had a mark on the left side and the visor was bent up. Inside the helmet dandruff! Can’t believe they would ship a returned helmet. This helmet should have been tossed out, so that is what I did. If returned I’m sure they would have sent it on to someone else. Basically, I don’t think I will be buying another mail order helmet again. Leason learned. Still can't believe a motorcycle vendor would do something like that - its sucks.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:57 AM
Mr Pou
Advanced
Default RE: Anyone use Leatherup.com to buy a helmet?

ORIGINAL: vinnieee

Basically, I don’t think I will be buying another mail order helmet again. Leason learned. Still can't believe a motorcycle vendor would do something like that - its sucks.
Deal with a reputable vendor. I used www.newenough.com, and recently bought one of these closeout full face helmets to replace an old one:

http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/h...le_helmet.html

Terrific helmet, brand new in box. GREAT PRICE. I've used newenough for other purchases (gloves), everything is new stuff at good prices.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:08 PM
vinnieee
Cruiser
Default RE: Anyone use Leatherup.com to buy a helmet?

ORIGINAL: Mr Pou

Deal with a reputable vendor. I used www.newenough.com, and recently bought one of these closeout full face helmets to replace an old one:

http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/h...le_helmet.html

Terrific helmet, brand new in box. GREAT PRICE. I've used newenough for other purchases (gloves), everything is new stuff at good prices.
That's how it should be especially with regards to helmets – one drop and it’s done.