Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE A/C, Bub 7 Tru Duals, SERT and Dyno but...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 08:07 PM
dreamcatcher2007
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SE A/C, Bub 7 Tru Duals, SERT and Dyno but...

Which tuner? Iam set on the decision to go this route and received quotes from three dealers, including the one I purchased from. The quotes received from the other dealers are a few hundred dollars lowerand distance isnt really a factor for any one of them.
TheBIG question is whichdealer has the best tuner? When I ask, of course all reply their tuners are the best.

SO at the end of the day my question is"just how bad can an inexperiecedtuner fok up the scoot"? I mean its done on a computer following specific parameters, right?

Old 04-14-2008, 09:19 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
Default RE: SE A/C, Bub 7 Tru Duals, SERT and Dyno but...

How much is each charging for the dyno tune?

Have you asked if they have tuned this package of mods previously? Since it is a popular one, it's likely that they have. If so, ask to see the dyno results.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:46 PM
Old Bones
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found that some stealers just tune to get it runnig good where other stealers will try to get the most performance out of the set up. I just did the Bub 7 true duels, SE high flowa/c, and sert. Goes in tomorrow AM for dyno.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:00 PM
Hamps
Tourer
Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

Here are my numbers with a stage II, SERT and Bub 7's.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:35 PM
dreamcatcher2007
Cruiser

So I need to ask to seeprevious Dyno results from their tune for this mod package? Thank you. I hadnt even thought of it, the proof is in the puddin aint it?!

Not sure what their charging me for the Dyno specifically as their adding it into labor; 5 hours @ 75.00 per hour for install of parts including before and after Dyno. Total package is 1800.00

Old 04-15-2008, 12:37 AM
Wchamberlain
Advanced

Damn which dealer is charing 75 and hour or is it going to a shop??????? My dealer rate is 105!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-15-2008, 01:43 AM
olgreydog7
Road Captain

First thing, install these parts your self. It's not rockect science and you don't need any special tools. $75/hr is highway robbery. Second, for just an air cleaner and pipes, there isn't much the tune can do to fork it up. Unless you plan on getting some other major mods in the future, I would just do the stage one download from the dealer. It's like $140 I think. If you stick with the SERT, spend some time talking to the tuner so he knows exactly what you want. Ask if they will put you in contact with someone that he has tuned and get their opinion. If you are not involved in this process, you may be dissappointed.

Old 04-15-2008, 05:53 AM
dreamcatcher2007
Cruiser

Thanks olgreydog7. I think down the road I might be hoppin up the bike;new cam, 103?I put on almost 15k on my Triumph in 7 months prior to selling her and getting the SG. Am on track to do the same with the SG. My thinkin is after 20-30k in a year, hoppin her up may satisfy myneed formore,hence the SERT. Sounds like your suggestions confrm this rationale and I appreciate it 'cause I am not a gear head, just try to do the best I can, with this forums help, in sorting out the BS kicked out by the Stealers...

Thats steep Wchamberlain! Iam in Denver, CO

Thanks Folks!

Old 04-15-2008, 06:32 AM
SpikeCT
Road Captain

You need to look at the bigger picture when it comes to tuning... They all say they can tune but do they undertand it. Anyone can tune A/F ratios but can they tune for timing also? I woud say 75% probably more do not understand timing. Ok that number is probably higher..... The issue is you yourself need to understand how everything ineracts. That doesn't mean you need to be a tuner but it does mean you need to know what your looking at. As has been said in other threads not every bike is the same; so there are differences. The more you understand the harder for the tuner to bullcrap you.....

Old 04-15-2008, 07:45 AM
confused
Road Captain

Thanks for this information as I myself am getting ready

On a side note dreamcatcher2007what do you shine your bike with

Looks great

Quick Reply: SE A/C, Bub 7 Tru Duals, SERT and Dyno but...