Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultar Seat Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 10:09 AM
will2062
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultar Seat Question

I am looking for someone in the Maryland area who has a corbin toring seaton their ultra. I have a 2007 ultra, I am interested in purchasing one and have questions. I live in the frederick Maryland area, If you leave near Iwould also like to possibly seeif I could reach the ground with that seat? Sure is alot of money to spend on a seat that you cannot return if you cannot even touch the ground with it. ANY Help????

Old 04-14-2008, 10:26 AM
NICK56
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Ultar Seat Question

LOOK INTO THE HD ROAD ZEP SEAT.. IVE HAD 1 FOR MANY YEARS.. I THINK THERE IS NONE BETTER .. AND AT 20% OFF FROM CHIC HD .. NO BETTER BUY ON THE MARKET ! JUST MY OPINION

Old 04-14-2008, 12:16 PM
IronButt62
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ultra Seat Question

I'min chesapeake VA, which isn't close, but isn't too far away.

just put a Dual tour on my 02 Ultra which has a 1" lowering kit installed on the rear shocks.Had the same concerns as I am 5' 8" tall with a 29" inseam.
No trouble touching the ground when coming to a stop and can firmly plant feet on the ground if I scoot forward in the seat. (i.e. when backing up).

I previously tried a "close" version of the non tour pak dual tour and found it to be taller than the non "close" tour pak version.

Other observations after 500 miles or so.
[ul][*]It's firm (as you probably are aware) but not uncomfortable. Someone else descibed it as not feeling toogreat at first, but feeling about the same several hours down the road. Very consistent fell to it and you can shift around to accomodate riding style (cruising, twisties etc..)Am looking forward to my first long ride.[*]The seat sits me back an inch or so past stock.I have Khromewerks +2" Street Sweepers and I feel like I am leaning slightly forward to reach them, even with the backrest adjusted all the way forward. May switch to apes or Flanders pull backs next winter. [/ul]
If you are ordering straight from the factory they should be able to custom mold yourseat. When I talked with them, they indicated they could get at least an inch lower that stock.

Finally, I also tried a Saddlemen Explorer (available in leather with backrestfrom Dennis Kirk closeouts for $500) that I would have kept had I not gotten a great deal on this Corbin. The explorer is firm as well and I could plant my feet solidly when stopping. It sits lower than the Corbin. Felt like I was in the bikenot on it. I'vehad an explorer on my softail and they are very well made and comfortable seats. Plus, you can return it if you don't like it.

Good luck.

Deet