Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Man I really like my road glide!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 06:47 AM
RD GLD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Man I really like my road glide!

Glad you like it. I know I love mine and maybe why I'm on my secong RG. Welcome, enjoy and ride safe.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:09 AM
Varooom
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Lets keep that "Road Glide" secret a secret.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:24 AM
bucs012
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: jpdubbs

Hey did the cables work or did you need to get new ones? Did you do the swap or the shop? Costly?
How much pull back did the chubby's provide?
I just completed mine over the weekend. My stock front bake would NOT fit on my 07. Even tried straightening the line and re-routing it. Not sure why mine did not work. I justbought a +4 inch and it fits great. Other than that, all else works. Wild1 also has you purchase a 1 piece handle bar upper clamp (they give you the part#) for the bars to give it more grip with no slipping.Only about $13 at your dealer. Ask for John at Wild1. He was great help. Also the bars are set up to run your wires inside the bars.

As mentioned, it is WAYYYYYYY relaxing now to ride! Hardly even need my back rest since the bars COME TO ME now. Put my feet up on the hiway pegs and it's almost like I am in my Lazy Boy! My RG is set up for total cruising.

Now when I ride my Deuce I feel like I am on a mini bike.

Old 05-07-2008, 11:11 AM
caymen8
Tourer

Congrats on the bike! I just put the police version Heritage bars on my '08 Road Glide. The police version is already set up for the TBW, and the barsbring the controls1.5 to 2" closer. Very comfortable. The adjustable back rest also makes a big difference in comfort for me. I've got a Clearview shield on order.

I'm looking forward to a long road trip this summer!

Old 05-08-2008, 01:51 AM
Avmech97
Road Master

Some time back I put the thick foam grips on mine with a Throttle Rocker and fly flickers(fringe) on the grips & levers. Been happy with the setup so far.[sm=biker2.gif]

Old 05-08-2008, 07:25 AM
08roady
Tourer

I have put a little over 2000 miles on mine so far and absolutely love it. I went from a Heritage to this and will never get anything other than the RG. I have not did much to it YET, but am planning on doing some pipes and such to it. I like the way this thing handles the wind, it is so much better riding in the wind over the other models. Lets keep these a secret, I agree!!!

Old 05-08-2008, 07:56 AM
jpdubbs
Intermediate

Thanks, I have been dwelling on this long enough. I have th 08 RG and have been told the throttle cable will not work with most bars because of the recess needed on the underside of the bar. Most bars do not have it. I'm going to call Wild1. Sounds like you are set. I'm gearing up for the Tennesse HOG rally June 5678. I need to get it going.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:47 AM
baggerider
Advanced

ORIGINAL: Avmech97

Congats on the new RG! been ridin mine since late Jan. of 02 and now have 115,000+ miles on it and am still enjoying the ride! P.S. a Clearview windshield with recurve & vent is a sweet additionto the bike.[sm=biker2.gif]
I love my RG- my second- and I want to change shields. I'm interested in both the KW and Clearview with the vent, but I just don't know how that vented shield will look. Hell If i can get over the shark nose fairing I guess a vented shield might look good after a while.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:51 AM
baggerider
Advanced

ORIGINAL: Avmech97

Some time back I put the thick foam grips on mine with a Throttle Rocker and fly flickers(fringe) on the grips & levers. Been happy with the setup so far.[sm=biker2.gif]
Where did the thick foam grips come from? Billet Boys makes some that look nice and cushy. There ain't nothing like the '70s style tittiegrippers that I used to use. Too bad I can't find any of those anymore.