Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Man I really like my road glide!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 07:45 PM
hardav23
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Man I really like my road glide!

ORIGINAL: BCguy

I also love my new RG EXCEPT for the head buffetting I'm getting at any speed over 40mph. It's driving me nuts!

sifularson, I notice you're running a Klockwerks 12" shield on your Road Glide. What do you think of it? Reduced buffetting?
I get no buffeting with the KW 12", it is a great windshield IMO!

Old 05-03-2008, 08:19 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

ORIGINAL: Terry1955

I feel the same about mine.
Terry, I was at a dealership in Delaware yesterday. They had a Road Glide on the floor that looked exactly like yours. It was not for sale, had hardly any mileage on the clock and was polished like no other bike I have ever seen. It loked better than new. Truly magnificent!!!!

Old 05-03-2008, 10:41 PM
05LowRider
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

A couple of suggestions to improve your comfort.

1. Wild One's Chubby 517's - a lot of pullback and very comfortable position for touring.

2. A rider's backrest - I have the HD adjustable version. But, any added back support will help.

I can put my feet up on the cruise boards now and it's like sitting in my recliner. Now if I could just figure out how to mount a 50" tv I'd have it all!

Old 05-06-2008, 09:56 AM
jpdubbs
Intermediate

Hey did the cables work or did you need to get new ones? Did you do the swap or the shop? Costly?
How much pull back did the chubby's provide?

Old 05-06-2008, 10:17 AM
old95
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If, and tha's a big "IF", they do a 09 or 10 SE, then I will not be able to resist a new road glide.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:54 PM
StL Mike
Cruiser

When I put my 517s on my Road Glide, all the cables, brake line, and wiring reached, but was tight. I ended up changing the cables and brake line to give it a little bit more length, besides, Iwantedstainless steel braided cables anyway.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:28 AM
Avmech97
Road Master

Congats on the new RG! been ridin mine since late Jan. of 02 and now have 115,000+ miles on it and am still enjoying the ride! P.S. a Clearview windshield with recurve & vent is a sweet additionto the bike.[sm=biker2.gif]

Old 05-07-2008, 02:39 AM
troutbum1971
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stop lying it's never 75 in Washington...

ORIGINAL: sifularson

Spent 300 miles on mine today with the wife. Rode up the Columbia Gorge with some friends. What an incredible day. Sun shining, 75 degrees, views of the Columbia River, Mt. Hood and St. Helens. INCREDIBLE!!!!

The bike it great too. . .

Old 05-07-2008, 05:52 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 503 Likes on 261 Posts

ORIGINAL: lsc86

Not trying to bag on your new ride [because anything new is awesome to have!] or Road Glides in general, but after spending around 100 miles [which I know is relatively few miles] on a Screamin' Eagle Road Glide this weekend, I honestly don't see what all the hype is about. I think this was an '02 model: had the SE 1550 engine w/the chopped tour pack. Definitely different than the regular Electra Glides, felt more open air like I was on a Heritage or maybe a Road King. Even through some decent twisties, through traffic, down the highway, etc. nothing there to make me think- "Wow, I need to have one of these". No more or less capable than any other bagger I've been on and far from anything I'd call 'sporty'.

Hope you get to rack up the miles soon!
And THAT my friend, is why there are "Dynas" , "Soft tails", Bat wings" and yes... even the dreaded "other brands".... everyone has their taste, and everyone has an opinion as to which bike is the best.... and we almost all agree, that "our bike" is the best... as long as we are happy in our choice....

Ride safe.... ride often
Frank

Old 05-07-2008, 06:10 AM
littlebear
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New Roadglide update....Rush slip ons 2'" baffles, now it sounds like a Harley...Hells foundry missing strips. Clearview on order, Sundowner seat and backrest this Sat at the dealership with 1000 mile service (inc in deal) Roadglide nameplates on front fender, soft lowers. Went to Greensburg Ks sunday to dedicate a memorial for those killed and see the President, 220 miles at 70 and she got 44 mpg, thats OK..Leave on June 7 for okla, texas, new Mexico, colo, utah, ariz So far I am one happy camper.. maybe new bars?

Quick Reply: Man I really like my road glide!