Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Man I really like my road glide!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 10:38 AM
fbn ent
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Man I really like my road glide!

ORIGINAL: steveh326

ORIGINAL: oilhog

My fourth harley since 1987 but the road glide is by far my favorite. It seems to do everything from dailyP.O. duties to road tripping exceptionally well. Seems like the batwing sells better but I'm sticking with the shark. That's all I got to say about that!

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH c'mon man, didn't you sign the 'keep it a secret' agreement? If you keep posting crap like this pretty soon EVERYONE will be riding our bikes!
Yes, please keep it down. Bought mine in '02 when they went to the Delphi system. 60K miles and still lovin' it. Only problem was that when I bought mine, no one wanted a bike that "didn't look like a Harley". Now, if everyone keeps posting like this, I'll have to spend even more thousands to make mine different yet again.

Old 05-03-2008, 03:17 PM
jpdubbs
Intermediate

Just got my 08 anniversary edition RG. Had to trade my '00 herritage Stail classic. I'm bummed about offing my parade bike. Should have kept it for the local hops. I traveled with it on long trips and it got me there just fine but I always thought I would be able to go further with less fatigue if I had a touring bike. My bro in Minneapolis could not stop talking about his RG. So, I made the trade. I have 1000 mi. on the gloden buda now and I have to say it is truly a fine machine. Handles like a F-15 on wheels.I just need to get some feed back on a couple of things.

1) My riding position needs to change because after 50 or so miles my spine is burning something fierce by my shoulder blades. I went to St. Louis and back to Chicago and thought I was screwed for making the trade. Thenafter some beers a rub down and a hit I came to my senses. It is not the machine but some adjustments.Longer bars, different seat or both?

2) The '08 models and the pipe upgrade saga. Man,the dealership is like a box of chocolaes on this issue. Different answer every time.

Any insight will be a blessing.

Old 05-03-2008, 03:28 PM
MiracleMax
Advanced

Wide Glide bars made a huge difference in comfort on mine.

Old 05-03-2008, 05:09 PM
marvincbr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I also have the wide glide bars on mine but I still get a sharp pain at the base of my neck on the left side, makes it hard to look over my shoulder for lane changes and merging. I think a riders backrest is my next step or maybe a solo seat w/backrest. Other than that (had same problem on all my bikes), love my RG

Old 05-03-2008, 05:21 PM
krgs2k
Cruiser

Congrat's, would not trade mine for nothing!

Old 05-03-2008, 05:25 PM
lsc86
Tourer

Not trying to bag on your new ride [because anything new is awesome to have!] or Road Glides in general, but after spending around 100 miles [which I know is relatively few miles] on a Screamin' Eagle Road Glide this weekend, I honestly don't see what all the hype is about. I think this was an '02 model: had the SE 1550 engine w/the chopped tour pack. Definitely different than the regular Electra Glides, felt more open air like I was on a Heritage or maybe a Road King. Even through some decent twisties, through traffic, down the highway, etc. nothing there to make me think- "Wow, I need to have one of these". No more or less capable than any other bagger I've been on and far from anything I'd call 'sporty'.

Hope you get to rack up the miles soon!

Old 05-03-2008, 05:34 PM
hardav23
Tourer

ORIGINAL: marvincbr

ORIGINAL: sdgrg

I just brought my wide glide to trade in today and my road glide is supposed to be in within a week (can't wait) and I'm having them throw in a 103 kit before I pick it up... (CAN'T WAIT!!!!)
Congrats on the new scoot. Gotta love the RG. If you have not already paid for or whatever, I would suggest looking into a BB kit from GMR or HQ instead of the 103 kit from H-D. I have the H-D kit on mine and it's nice and all, but think I coulda got more bang for my buck with one of the other kits. Lots of guys here on the forum can answer questions about the other kits. Which ever way you go, ride it like you stole it and enjoy the hell outa that RG. I know I do.
If you have the extra coin say to heck with the 103" and go straight to the HQ 113"!! It is definately worth the extra money, but don't forget to add a drivers backrest because for some reason it wants to shoot you right off the back!

Old 05-03-2008, 05:49 PM
Aslan
Road Master

My Road Glide is the best Harley I have ever riden.
I just can't get any good weather45 degrees and rain today and the same for Sunday.[:@]
Once I can get out I won't be sitting reading the Forum.

Old 05-03-2008, 06:51 PM
BCguy
Road Captain

I also love my new RG EXCEPT for the head buffetting I'm getting at any speed over 40mph. It's driving me nuts!

sifularson, I notice you're running a Klockwerks 12" shield on your Road Glide. What do you think of it? Reduced buffetting?

Old 05-03-2008, 07:43 PM
07yellowglide
Road Warrior

wish you guys would hush up about the road glides................it's suppose to be a secret

Quick Reply: Man I really like my road glide!