Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D&D fatcat performance baffle install.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008 | 12:28 PM
tarheelrdr
|
Tourer
Default D&D fatcat performance baffle install.

I just removed the quiet baffle and am in the process of installing the performance baffle. Problem is, the retaining screw is about 7 inches from where the quiet baffle is. Any suggestions on how to relocate, I'm assuming that I will have to drill a new hole in the outer chrome shell.

Old 04-12-2008 | 12:37 PM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: D&D fatcat performance baffle install.

Let me know how they sound when on. I just installed the Rinehart performance baffles. They sound good and loud but I get a little windy rattle sound from one of the pipes on decel when I rev it up.

Old 04-12-2008 | 03:53 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member

That sucks..........having to drill another hole in the chrome muffler body.

Do you have any larger pics of the performance baffle? Show the core, outer can............just want to see what it looks like.

Steve

Old 04-13-2008 | 10:29 AM
captsam54
Road Master

How about drilling the hole into the replacment baffle instead of the chrome muffler??

Old 04-13-2008 | 11:43 AM
driftbuster2
Advanced

All i did was measure the difference from the hole on the standard baffle to the hole on the performance baffle and drill. I got lucky and it worked perfect. Make sure you keep the front the same when you measure, standing up like you have them is good, just turn them so the holes are facing eachother and measure the distance hole to hole, then use the hole on the muffler body and measure down, pretty easy.

Old 04-13-2008 | 06:07 PM
tarheelrdr
|
Tourer

That's pretty much what I ended up doing, installed the baffle,then measured down to the hole and made the same measurement on the outer can. Center punched and too, got lucky and hit it almost dead on. Thanks for the help..
I took it out for the tuning run and I will tell you it is a good bit louder than the quiet baffle, I'd say about the same as my R/H true duals. But the performance was what I was looking for. Better throttle response than the quiet baffle. It seemed like the quiet baffle was holding back a little. RPMs in the 2K range was a lot better, didn,t seem to be lugging , I couldn't tell any difference in torque in the lower ranges either. But the HQ 113" makes a lot of torque any way. So far I'm a happy camper, only wish it was a little quieter! Tim