Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there an easier way to get the seat strap and fwd saddle bag bracket off/on?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 09:55 PM
Shoe
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there an easier way to get the seat strap and fwd saddle bag bracket off/on?

Gents,

Is there an easier way or has someone here come up with something to make taking the seat off (RKC)? I like the strap because it hides the groove for the backrest, so removing it completely isnt an option. I know harley sells the rear thumb screw (quick release for the rear of the seat), but do they have something similar for the seat strap mounting points?

If anyone has any suggestions, I would really appreciate it. I always pull the seat off when I wash the bike and would like to figure out an easier way......

Thanks again,
Dave

Old 04-11-2008, 10:59 PM
Shoe
Cruiser
Default RE: Is there an easier way to get the seat strap and fwd saddle bag bracket off/on?

Anyone?? Please?? [sm=feedback.gif]

Thanks,
Dave

Old 04-11-2008, 11:01 PM
DeputyMike
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Is there an easier way to get the seat strap and fwd saddle bag bracket off/on?

Sorry to get your hopes up! HEHEHE

Old 04-11-2008, 11:39 PM
e666h
Advanced

I don't have any pics , but. I wrote about this a few days ago. I took my strap to a local shoe repair shop. Had the guy cut the strap down close to the buckle and then put a snap on it. Pop the snap-the seat comes off. I would'nt use it for a grab strap , but no one does anyway. I just have the strap on for looks. It cost me $10 and is hardly noticable.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:01 AM
HEMSPLT
Cruiser

I took my strap off today, put it in a ziplock bag and will probably never touch it again. I thought it looked a little goofy and don't want the extra step just to remove the seat. I have a backrest in the backrest slot.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:53 AM
galaxie64
Intermediate

On my third Harley, on every one the first time I took off the strap, I left it off. It is just for looks and liability for Harley so they don't get sued after a accident for not having one.

Old 04-12-2008, 05:54 AM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I just removed the strap from the brackets and used a heavy zip tie to connect the fasteners under the seat. It probably won't hold a passenger from falling off, but does cover the slot for the backrest and looks good.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:21 AM
mrsr71
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: e666h

I don't have any pics , but. I wrote about this a few days ago. I took my strap to a local shoe repair shop. Had the guy cut the strap down close to the buckle and then put a snap on it. Pop the snap-the seat comes off. I would'nt use it for a grab strap , but no one does anyway. I just have the strap on for looks. It cost me $10 and is hardly noticable.
[sm=ttiwwp.gif]