Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

windshield height on bagger

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 05:47 PM
jandt
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default windshield height on bagger

I have an 08 FLHX which i have managed to eek out 200 miles on between snow falls this spring so far. Besides the mods that I have already done I was thinking of a slightly higher windshield. The question is how high ??? I dont mind havin the wind in my hair and all, but i dont want the feeling of driving a Buick either. The factory shield sux. as it seems to put everything right into my glasses. would going a couple inches taller help or not ??? Im 6 ft tall and really dont want to go into the expense of buying a different windshield only to find out it made no difference. any suggestions would be great. thx

Old 04-10-2008, 05:53 PM
easyglider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: windshield height on bagger

I am 6'1" and just put the 8" smoked shield with a recurve from clearview shields.I love it the factory shield on my Ultra seemed to be right in my way and this 8" is awsome.I look over it by a mile it seems and the wind is probably 2" over my head.

Old 04-10-2008, 05:54 PM
easyglider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Almost forgot you can put their shield on and try it out and if you don't like it and haven't damaged it you can send it back.

Old 04-10-2008, 05:54 PM
drfeelgood
Outstanding HDF Member

I would recommend upgrading to a 6" to 8" windshield. I'm 6'3".

Old 04-10-2008, 06:08 PM
PIMAXX
Cruiser

The windshield I was told should come as high as your nose. This way your not looking through it. I just got a ruler and sat on the bike and measured the height. Now, others may want to look through the shield but I like looking over it. I bought a Fastair recurved shield. It works great and loks good.

Maxx

[IMG]local://upfiles/19968/1E6CE889ED454CAD9B7DDA2D3F6981F7.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-10-2008, 06:21 PM
candyx
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just installed the clearview recurveddark gray 9.5" and it solved the wind problem, my glasses don't jump around my face anymore.

08 FLHX

Old 04-10-2008, 09:18 PM
08whitey
Advanced

I am 5' 11" with a 31" inseam and just put on a FastAir 8" Sunglass Grey (Dark Smoke) windshield. $39 shipped to your door ($29 for Windshield + $10 shipping).I would say that windshild comes up to my chin or maybe even my lips. I still get a little wind on the highway but not much. A little bit of a sacrafice for looks.

Hell, you can buy a 8" and 10" for $76 which would still be cheaper than 1 Harley windshield with 20% off.

Here is their website... http://www.fastaire.com/

Old 04-10-2008, 09:31 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts

ORIGINAL: easyglider

I am 6'1" and just put the 8" smoked shield with a recurve from clearview shields.I love it the factory shield on my Ultra seemed to be right in my way and this 8" is awsome.I look over it by a mile it seems and the wind is probably 2" over my head.
+1 on this choice!

Old 04-10-2008, 09:40 PM
harleykris
Tourer

I had the same problem. The 4" just put the wind in my face. I put on the 6 1/2 clearview w/recurve on and couldn't be happier. Yes, you still get some wind, but it's more of breeze than a hurricane. I ordered a blem so I got in it just a couple of days and still have trouble finding the blem. I highly recommend this windshield if you still want a low look but get pretty decent wind protection. No, it's not going to give you the wind protection of a 9" windshield, but for me it gives just what I was looking for, good looks and good wind protection. Today I put on the fork baffle ($25.00). I didn't think it would do all that much, but I was pleasantly surprised. Not a huge difference, but it seemed to keep my mustache from trying to climb up my nose!

Old 04-10-2008, 09:50 PM
krazy3
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: harleykris

I had the same problem. The 4" just put the wind in my face. I put on the 6 1/2 clearview w/recurve on and couldn't be happier. Yes, you still get some wind, but it's more of breeze than a hurricane. I ordered a blem so I got in it just a couple of days and still have trouble finding the blem. I highly recommend this windshield if you still want a low look but get pretty decent wind protection. No, it's not going to give you the wind protection of a 9" windshield, but for me it gives just what I was looking for, good looks and good wind protection. Today I put on the fork baffle ($25.00). I didn't think it would do all that much, but I was pleasantly surprised. Not a huge difference, but it seemed to keep my mustache from trying to climb up my nose!
Who's brand?

Quick Reply: windshield height on bagger