Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Real nice buying experience using Chicago Harley Davidson

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 03:08 AM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts
Default RE: Real nice buying experience using Chicago Harley Davidson

ORIGINAL: JonnyD

ORIGINAL: dirtdobber

Chicago HD said it would take at least 2 weeks to get my se tips to me. They had to order them from Hd. Got them today; took 9 days and 20% discount. If you check with your local Hog and with a membership you should be able to get a hog 20% discount coupon for your local dealership. I just used one to get my Se pipes. List was $389 paid with taxes $311. In fact the dealership gave me the coupon as I was paying for the pipes. Can't beat that; rider Harley Davidson in Trussville, Alabama. Great guys to deal with there.
Never heard of that, is this true? And whom do I contact?
Not true with all dealerships. In fact, I would say it is the exception. Does not happen in two dealerships in my town and one dealer in a nearby town gives only 10% off if you are a member of their HOG chapter.

Old 04-11-2008, 04:02 AM
AZ Rider
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've ordered from Chicago Harley many times. Very satified. The 20% really makes a difference.

Old 04-11-2008, 06:21 AM
BillyG0856
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: txfxstrider

ORIGINAL: JonnyD

ORIGINAL: dirtdobber

Chicago HD said it would take at least 2 weeks to get my se tips to me. They had to order them from Hd. Got them today; took 9 days and 20% discount. If you check with your local Hog and with a membership you should be able to get a hog 20% discount coupon for your local dealership. I just used one to get my Se pipes. List was $389 paid with taxes $311. In fact the dealership gave me the coupon as I was paying for the pipes. Can't beat that; rider Harley Davidson in Trussville, Alabama. Great guys to deal with there.
Never heard of that, is this true? And whom do I contact?
Not true with all dealerships. In fact, I would say it is the exception. Does not happen in two dealerships in my town and one dealer in a nearby town gives only 10% off if you are a member of their HOG chapter.
This is what I've found in my area. IF...you join the HOG Chapter THEY (dealership) supports....THEN you'll receive UP TO 20% off on SOME accessories. I'd still have to pay sales tax...and compared to shipping.....it's usually MORE.

Iwouldnt mind joininga HOG Chapter in my area....but being a shift worker....1/2 my weekends are spent WORKING....the other half usually spent doing 'catch-up' stuff....(rolling 4 weekends into 2)...so I cant always commit to 'group' rides. Im STILL looking though.

Billy G

Old 04-11-2008, 08:10 AM
rjgraham
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: rkadair

I have tried them and was very disappointed with chicago harley and will never use them again

I use ZANOTTI MOTOR CO. INC.
This the right website for them? Is the price when you search already include the discount?

http://www.zanottimotor.com/

Old 04-11-2008, 08:18 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 668 Likes on 414 Posts

ORIGINAL: edtexas

Chicago Harley is one of the smartest dealerships in the country. They understand the importance of product line marketing. I think we'd all be surprised at just how many thousands of bikers have purchased from them. They treat parts as a volume sale product. McDonald's vs. Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. Sell for less, but sell a hundred times more than any dealer in the country. Just like Amazon.com.

The problem is most dealerships are not run by businessmen, they are run by small
motorcycle repair shops that happened to be at the right place at the right time
20 to 30 years ago. Harley's have 4 to 6k margin built into every bike for the dealer.
There are now dealers selling only 30 to 40 bikes a month with over 200 bikes in stock because they are not willing to drop their prices. What they forget is that in the retail business, cash is king. Without the steady turnover and growth of cash flow, your business will die. See Starbucks. Dreamcycles of Texas deals with used Harleys and used customs. They have to go through the hassle of finding used bikes through private parties and three different auctions, two in California. They repair any mechanical defects that are found. Last month, they sold 117 bikes. They make between 2-5k on each bike. The only difference is, they don't expect to get
5k for every bike they sell. This kind of math works out to about about $4 million in gross profit (cash). They floor about sixty bikes in a sublet piece of a small warehouse. They have two salesmen.Too bad Harley dealers just don't get it.
Don't blame high prices on Harley all the time. Dealers can sell things for whatever
they want. Dealers own the stores and the franchise,not Harley.
Good post.

Old 04-11-2008, 08:31 AM
NICK56
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

20% DEAL U HAVE TO HAVE PATIENCE.. MOST STUFF IS OUTTA STOCK..GOTTA WAIT.. BUT U WILL GET 20% OFF.. VERY GOOD RESULTS WITH ZAN AND CHD.. BUT EVEN BETTER IS WWW.DISCOUNTBIKER.COM ACLERMONT FL HD DEALER , STORMY HILL HD .

I HAVE GOTTEN UP TO 34% OFF SOME PARTS BUT ALWAYS A MINUMIUM OF 20% OFF.. VERY GOOD TO DEAL WITH... TRY EM .