Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Real nice buying experience using Chicago Harley Davidson

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 06:53 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Real nice buying experience using Chicago Harley Davidson

ORIGINAL: rkadair

I have tried them and was very disappointed with chicago harley and will never use them again

I use ZANOTTI MOTOR CO. INC.
Been there done that; if you call them, and verify the parts are in stock, all is well. Nice thing with Zannoti's is they have an online chat with someone who can check to make sure it's in stock. This will save you the headache of waiting for weeks for your part. They both have their perks.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:55 PM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only way you get 20% off at a dealership is if you buy a bike.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:55 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Our hog clubs here has them at times it is not necessary to use it at any specific dealer. I will check and see if you need to request them form Hd. I will be at a meeting on Sat...

Rider Hd told me about them and had one in the drawer so he gave it to me to use then. It's just a coupon that says good for 20% discount on offical Harley Davidson parts and has the Hog trade mark

Maybe it's a southern thing then

Rocket Hd
Rider HD
Thunder Creek Hd
will take the coupon

Thunder Creek will give you 10% When you show them your Hog membership card

Old 04-10-2008, 07:07 PM
Navy07UltraRider
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can say that I have used both Chicago HD and Zanotti and have had great success with them. I ordered quite a few items from Chicago HD during my last deployment and it was great to get 20% on every order and everything that I had ordered arrived withing 10 working days. Best thing with Zanotti is that when you type in the part number and the product shows up on the search screen means that it is in stock and if blank means it is either not in stock or not carried by them and they will also give up to 30% discount every now and again.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 668 Likes on 414 Posts

I've had nothing but good luck with Chicago HD. In fact, Ibought my bike from them. Nice people to deal with. They neverpriced bikes over MSRP like so many other dealers did severalyears ago.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:03 PM
edtexas
Cruiser

Chicago Harley is one of the smartest dealerships in the country. They understand the importance of product line marketing. I think we'd all be surprised at just how many thousands of bikers have purchased from them. They treat parts as a volume sale product. McDonald's vs. Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. Sell for less, but sell a hundred times more than any dealer in the country. Just like Amazon.com.

The problem is most dealerships are not run by businessmen, they are run by small
motorcycle repair shops that happened to be at the right place at the right time
20 to 30 years ago. Harley's have 4 to 6k margin built into every bike for the dealer.
There are now dealers selling only 30 to 40 bikes a month with over 200 bikes in stock because they are not willing to drop their prices. What they forget is that in the retail business, cash is king. Without the steady turnover and growth of cash flow, your business will die. See Starbucks. Dreamcycles of Texas deals with used Harleys and used customs. They have to go through the hassle of finding used bikes through private parties and three different auctions, two in California. They repair any mechanical defects that are found. Last month, they sold 117 bikes. They make between 2-5k on each bike. The only difference is, they don't expect to get
5k for every bike they sell. This kind of math works out to about about $4 million in gross profit (cash). They floor about sixty bikes in a sublet piece of a small warehouse. They have two salesmen.Too bad Harley dealers just don't get it.
Don't blame high prices on Harley all the time. Dealers can sell things for whatever
they want. Dealers own the stores and the franchise,not Harley.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:08 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: edtexas

Chicago Harley is one of the smartest dealerships in the country. They understand the importance of product line marketing. I think we'd all be surprised at just how many thousands of bikers have purchased from them. They treat parts as a volume sale product. McDonald's vs. Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. Sell for less, but sell a hundred times more than any dealer in the country. Just like Amazon.com.

The problem is most dealerships are not run by businessmen, they are run by small
motorcycle repair shops that happened to be at the right place at the right time
20 to 30 years ago. Harley's have 4 to 6k margin built into every bike for the dealer.
There are now dealers selling only 30 to 40 bikes a month with over 200 bikes in stock because they are not willing to drop their prices. What they forget is that in the retail business, cash is king. Without the steady turnover and growth of cash flow, your business will die. See Starbucks. Dreamcycles of Texas deals with used Harleys and used customs. They have to go through the hassle of finding used bikes through private parties and three different auctions, two in California. They repair any mechanical defects that are found. Last month, they sold 117 bikes. They make between 2-5k on each bike. The only difference is, they don't expect to get
5k for every bike they sell. This kind of math works out to about about $4 million in gross profit (cash). They floor about sixty bikes in a sublet piece of a small warehouse. They have two salesmen.Too bad Harley dealers just don't get it.
Don't blame high prices on Harley all the time. Dealers can sell things for whatever
they want. Dealers own the stores and the franchise,not Harley.
You sir are correct. That's why I'm buyin from www.lewiscustomcycles.com for all my aftermarket parts, from now on. Customer service and volume, not price!

Old 04-10-2008, 09:23 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: Navy07UltraRider

......Best thing with Zanotti is that when you type in the part number and the product shows up on the search screen means that it is in stock and if blank means it is either not in stock or not carried by them and they will also give up to 30% discount every now and again.
That's not true at all. I tried to order a chrome wheel from them online and got as far as providing payment info when I decided to email them to make sure it was in stock. They answered back, "Sorry, on back order from HD until 4/23/08".

They do not have accurate online inventory status. The same thing happened with a piece of luggage a month ago.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:31 PM
gs34doc
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 895 Likes on 633 Posts

I ordered the tour-pak quick detach kit from ChicagoHD. Was very satisfied, and will use them again.
I gotta watch ordering from Zanotti because I have to pay the tax ifI order from them. If I gotta pay both shipping and 6% sales tax then it is cheaper to buy from Chicago.
I can't get crabs at my local dealer, unless they are having one of their "sales".

Old 04-11-2008, 03:01 AM
Big Peter
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: jag1886

I have ordered from them many times. You have to be patient to get that 20% and they are the only dealer that gives 20% on everything; most places including Zanottis cherry pick what you get a discount on.
There is only one guy there running the internet sight so he is running in overdrive all the time trying to keep up.
I can't recomend them enough as long as you order multiple items at a time as opposed to one at a time; the savings are great, last but not least the shipping is reasonable the last load I got I figure cost me about $2 more than my the sales tax here in Boise.
I always order my goodies at www.mandmcycles.com
20% discount and no sales tax outside Ohio
Mark is a great guy ,and customer service is awesome
On the website click on buyer's guide and type partnumber
then you get to see their price.

Peter

Quick Reply: Real nice buying experience using Chicago Harley Davidson