Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sert tuner or powercommander

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 02:49 PM
bwr52678
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sert tuner or powercommander

is my bke going to perform better with sert or powercomander have 06 sg with vance and hines true duals with thunderheader slip ons and why

Old 04-10-2008, 03:22 PM
Superglide 04
Tourer
Default RE: sert tuner or powercommander

It will perform better with a SERT, the SERT was desinged with the bike by H-D. It will peform good with the PCIII, but you or your tuner will have more control with the SERT. What ever your wallet can afford, thats what you should get.

Old 04-10-2008, 04:20 PM
twincam47
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

The SERT programs your computer (ECM)
The PC or Fuel Pak rides piggy back on your computer (ECM) and tricks it.

Now, do you want to trick it or program it?

Old 04-10-2008, 04:32 PM
soon to be
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it also depends on if you want to make adjustments or take to the stealer to make adjustments.

SERT is dealer adjustment...

PCyou can make adjustments...

I've heard both perform OK....I have a PC

Old 04-10-2008, 04:38 PM
twincam47
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: soon to be

it also depends on if you want to make adjustments or take to the stealer to make adjustments.

SERT is not a dealer adjustment...you can modify the AF tables from your own laptop in your own garage.

Old 04-10-2008, 04:42 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Had a PCIII. Switched to a SERT and a dyno tune. I'm much happier with the SERT.

Keep in mind, a dyno tune is required to get the bike dialed in. Sure, you can DIY but that is just guessing in my opinion.

You can find buy a SERT from an Ebay store for less than $300. A dyno tune should be $300 to $400 depending on whether you go to a dealer or an indy.

Just my opinion.

Steve

Old 04-10-2008, 04:44 PM
Superglide 04
Tourer

ORIGINAL: soon to be

Unless you have a Dyno in your garage, they all are dealer or indy required to get the best performance.

Old 04-10-2008, 04:47 PM
twincam47
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: sifularson

Had a PCIII. Switched to a SERT and a dyno tune. I'm much happier with the SERT.

Keep in mind, a dyno tune is required to get the bike dialed in. Sure, you can DIY but that is just guessing in my opinion.

You can find buy a SERT from an Ebay store for less than $300. A dyno tune should be $300 to $400 depending on whether you go to a dealer or an indy.

Just my opinion.

Steve
The new SERT has 15 minutes of realtime data recording....you can take her out on the road...record your run and modify your program.......

Old 04-10-2008, 04:59 PM
Firetender
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HD originally approached Dynojet to license their tuning device for HD. Negotiations fell through, and thus we have the SERT. I want what HD wants, so I use the PCIII.And should the PCIII ever fail, I can unplug it and still drive the bike home. And if I ever needed to exchange maps, I can from the comfort of my garage. And if you think you get better tuning work in SoCal from a HD dealer over an independent, well, you've got another thing coming! Go where the racing bikes go... It ain't the HD dealer.

Just an opinion here...obviously both are good tuning devices!

Old 04-10-2008, 05:10 PM
twincam47
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Firetender

HD originally approached Dynojet to license their tuning device for HD. Negotiations fell through, and thus we have the SERT. I want what HD wants, so I use the PCIII.And should the PCIII ever fail, I can unplug it and still drive the bike home. And if I ever needed to exchange maps, I can from the comfort of my garage. And if you think you get better tuning work in SoCal from a HD dealer over an independent, well, you've got another thing coming! Go where the racing bikes go... It ain't the HD dealer.

Just an opinion here...obviously both are good tuning devices!
Tuning Devices?.....DynoJet?.....H-D programs their own ECM's, they write their own programs...they package them on a CD with the ability to modify the ECM parameters internally and it is a SERT. The SERT is not atuning device...it is software with a datalink to reprogram theECM......
PC tricks the ECM by riding piggy back and intercepting signals then changing them and sending them out again.
The only way the SERT mapwill fail is if the ECM fails and as with the PC which is piggy back to the ECM..if the ECM fails the PC will fail...either way are you riding home.

Again..do you want to program your computer or trick it?

Quick Reply: sert tuner or powercommander