Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE Touring Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 12:13 AM
Harvo
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SE Touring Mufflers

I'm currently running SE touring mufflers on my 05 Ultra with the stock header pipes, but am going to purchase the Vance & Hines duels. I was thinking of going with a set of V&H slip on's also. My question. Are the V&H louder than the SE or about the same. I don't really want much more sound.

Old 02-11-2006, 12:17 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts
Default RE: SE Touring Mufflers

The V&H's are quite a bit louder (in a good way)

Old 02-11-2006, 12:20 AM
MACK
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

you have me confused. There is no such thing as se touring mufflers. Either they are Screaming eagle or touring. they are two separate sets with different part numbers and performance levels. Touring mufflers are just a little louder than stock and se is much louder and louder than v&h. heres how you tell. at the edn of the muffler where the end cap mounts do you have a flat flush mount screw or a button head? if it is flush and flat it is a touring muffler. button head is an se.The se usually also has a screaming eagle script on the side near the back where the end cap mounts.

Old 02-11-2006, 09:36 AM
Harvo
Advanced

My mistake, I have the touring mufflers with the flush mounts.

Old 02-11-2006, 11:20 AM
2005UltraNC
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are the SE's really that much louder? I'm looking to do the SE AC / SE slip ons, and SERT, Just don't want that much more noise around my neighborhood. BTW - Harvo, you will to sell your "touring" pipes? How much?

Old 02-11-2006, 11:32 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

If you have just the Touring mufflers they are not very loud at all with the V&H dresser duals, now if you have the SE Pro Performance mufflers... holy crap batman are they loud. I had a set of SE Performance mufflers an dresser duals on my 05 EG Classic, nobody wanted to ride behind me hell I couldn't stand it the wife hated it. If your mufflers say Screamin Eagle on them then be ready to make some noise. I got the clue when the one day I was ***** footing home and a neighbor was standing in his front yard shaking his fist at me, I pulled the SE mufflers off and put the HD Touring mufflers on which were much quieter.

Old 02-11-2006, 11:46 AM
SteveO
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did exactly the same thing after buying, Bubs, SE pro pipes and V&H. Went with the touring mufflers. They are not loud, but have a nice deep rumble, several of the guys in our HOG group have them and and you can hear them when you are behind them. And most of all you can you can hear the radio and intercom!

Also, I have the K&N, stage l and the Power Commander USB lll set up, bike runs great, very smooth with more low end torque. Power Commander has the exact down load for the "SE" touring mufflers. Some folks call them "SE Touring" because the touring muffler comes stock on SE bikes.

Steve

Old 02-11-2006, 01:29 PM
wildpig
Banned

How are these V&H Porker slip ons anyone know ?

See Pic...

Old 02-11-2006, 01:45 PM
Harvo
Advanced

Thanks for all the replies, I'm going to stay with my touring mufflers and also plan on the K&N kit and stage 1 and Power Commander later on this summer. This is a great forum by the way.

Old 02-11-2006, 01:53 PM
Qball
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put the SE Slip on's on the Classic for a more HD sound. My mechanic at the shop said there were no need for any other upgrades. Bike runs fine and sounds good.

Quick Reply: SE Touring Mufflers