Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE Touring Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 08:04 AM
BirchwhiteHD
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SE Touring Mufflers

I have the SE pro's on my electra glide,dealer installed and will pass state inspection noise level in NH. My dealer will discontinue installing them on 4/30
then sell until stock is depleated,he also said that the MOCO has projected complete depleation of these pipes by aug. you will still be able to buy replacement baffles but not the muffler it's self. And that they (the dealer) will just start installing different brand mufflers that will pass NH noise level.
I've yet to hear mine other than at idle,juicing the throttle a few times,and they dont sound that loud to me,dealer says rineharts are louder muffler,but will pass state inspection in NH @2800 rpm level

Old 02-18-2006, 10:50 AM
2005UltraNC
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, ordered from Zanotti's - seemed like the best on-line pricing. Thanks for the e-bay lead - however, was up to $180 for the used e-bay pipes and still had not met the reserve (i.e. those folks are thinking their used pipes are worth more than I was willing to pay for used pipes) - got the brand new pipes for $280.

Any case, as far as the tuner: After days of reading about the SERT versus the PCIII, went with the SERT (just hope I can get it loaded and close enough so that I can take my time getting dyno'd). Three reasons for going with the SERT: 1. Read some articles where folks had their PC fail - then you're sort of stuck, because if you disconnect it you will be running very lean and could casue problems, and 2. SERT is a Harley product and would hope that I don't have warranty issues (even though a lot of dealers install the PCIII. 3. Read a couple posts that folks with the PC were experiencing "hard starting - taking a few more cranks than normal to turn over.

Went with the:

29773-02B SE Air Cleaner
65259-00 SE Touring Mufflers
65066-01 End Caps
32107-01E SERT

All for less than $900 from Zanotti's

Thanks for all your help, Bruce

Old 02-18-2006, 02:33 PM
Rhinohd
Road Captain

Just an FYI guys.... The SE Pro Performer pipes will NO LONGER BE AVAILABLE after May 31st. Harley is not going to be selling any exhaust labeled as race use only... Welcome to the dark ages and get ready to start wrenching on your own scoot if you want performance. Might not seem like a big deal to some but it's huge.

I wonder how all these changes will affect dyno tuning at HD dealers.

February 9, 2006

Subject: Discontinuation of Race-Use Exhaust Systems for Non-Racing Motorcycles

Harley-Davidson plans to continue to be the leader in performance products developed for street use. At the same time, the Company will continue to express its awareness of the growing public concern related to motorcycle noise.

All orders for Screamin’ Eagle® Pro exhaust products must be placed by May 31, 2006

Racing continues to hold an important place in our sport, as evidenced by our involvement in NHRA, AHDRA and AMA Flat Track and Buell Road Racing programs. However, the decision to discontinue race-use exhaust systems that fit non-racing motorcycles also reflects our belief that we must take steps to be socially responsible or our right to ride and the sport itself may be in jeopardy.

Riders, the motorcycle industry and local communities must all work together to respond in a constructive way.

Sincerely,

Ron Hutchinson
Vice President, Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Source Harley Chat Group

Old 02-18-2006, 08:53 PM
harleybob
Cruiser

2005 Ultra, I just put my se slipons on the bike. I have the bike to be dynoed on the 27th of Feb. At a harley dealer. For about $300.00. They will install the se air cleaner. Install the sert. I was going to take it to a independent shop. But this guy dynos 2 bikes a day for the last year. So he has done quite a few. I was nervous about getting this done. But now I feel much better. He is supossed to be good. I had to wait 2 weeks for a appointment. Bob.

Old 02-20-2006, 12:21 PM
gvc4
Road Captain

Just changed my 2003 Ultra to Touring Slip-ons , stage 1 & went to syn fuids. Runs & sounds great now.

Old 02-24-2006, 12:09 PM
Greger9213
Stage I

Hi....I'm new to this forum.Just a question on these SE pipes.I've got a 05 Roadglide and I'm going to do the SE air filter,download and was going with the SE slip-on performance pipes. Are they going to be illegal soon? Why are the dealers going to stop selling them? Maybe I should go with the touring mufflers? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks Greg

Old 02-24-2006, 12:14 PM
Rhinohd
Road Captain

I imagine they are not going to sell them any longer because 99% of their sales are for bikes used on the street. Could be a legal issue. I am sure HD is trying to aviod lawsuits.

Old 02-24-2006, 01:47 PM
NMAC
Advanced

See if anybody can answer this. I've been trying to find this out every since I bought my bike last year. When I bought it, I had the SE air cleaner, download, and SE slip ons installed. The SE mufflers I got are the one piece without the end caps. I don't know the part numbers. Does anybody know which are louder? The SE one piece like I have, or the SE pipes with the end caps? I love the way my pipes sound, but I wish they were a little louder.

Old 02-24-2006, 07:41 PM
Mountainkowboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,010 Likes on 544 Posts

I have the SE race one piecers and they are not that loud, you can hear them but I can also listen to the radio without a problem.

Old 02-25-2006, 07:36 AM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What is the difference between the loudness of the partnumber: 65539-95 verses partnumber: 65538-95A??? I have been told that the later number (95A) is a race muffler? Is any one running the race muffler and how loud is it? And is it less restrictive as race implies?