Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE Touring Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 05:25 PM
2005UltraNC
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SE Touring Mufflers

Anyone know the HD part number for the "touring mufflers" for an Ultra? Also, if I do the muffler's I assume I should do the SE Air Cleaner? With both of these am I better off with a SERT or PCIII? Thanks,

Old 02-11-2006, 06:19 PM
Boatman
Cruiser

The part# of the Touring mufflers is 65259-00 ($389.95). Then you have 2 buy 2 end caps at $64.95X2 (have choice of about 6 styles). These can be seen in the 06 HD wish book in the SE section (pages 539-541). I would put on the SE air filter kit and do just the basic cartridge download for your setup. If I was going to do a lot of mod's, the SERT would be the way to go.
Watch on Ebay as most of the CVO Electraglide owners put on aftermarket exhaust and sell their stock touring mufflers (they would also come with the 65829-00 muffler shield kit). Another $134.95..

Old 02-11-2006, 06:34 PM
SteveO
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ultra Classic Touring muffler part is: 65259-00, you will need your choice of end caps. I went with the new K&N air filter kit RK-3909. http://www.knfilters.com/harley_custom.htm Much better quality than the SE, the SE filter only last about a year before it starts coming apart. I like the Power Commander USB lll because you can change and tweak the downloads with out having to get the bike dyno tuned or go to the dealer. After installing my Power Commancer USB lll I did go ahead and have my bike dyno tuned. The Power Commander program I had downloaded for the "SE Touring" set up was right on, so didn't have to make but a couple small changes. In my case, dyno tuning was a waste of money.

Again as always my $.02 worth.

Steve

Old 02-11-2006, 07:08 PM
2005UltraNC
Road Master

SteveO and Boatman, how do those 65259-00 mufflers sound? As compared to the stock mufflers? Lastly, SteveO, you said that the PCIII is a good solution for these mufflers and the K&N air cleaner - I am assuming that the PCIII has a "map" for this air / muffler combination? What I'm trying to do is NOT have to have the bike dyno'd. I'm an IT guy as well as a good wrench - if I can avoid having the stealer rip me off. Thanks, Bruce

Old 02-11-2006, 07:12 PM
BirchwhiteHD
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I checked zanotti's on the part number given in the above post,you can do better price #65259-00 $282.56 sheilds #65829-00 $114.07
(plus shipping)

seems worth checking out if thats the way you end up going.

Old 02-12-2006, 01:12 AM
brianseay
Tourer

I have the SE performance slip-ons on my 05 Ultra and love em. They have a nice sound to them and you can still enjoy the radio at hwy speeds with no problem.

Old 02-12-2006, 05:21 PM
SteveO
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bruce,

The sound of the touring mufflers has a more tone than the stock mufflers, little deeper at idle and a chrisp rumble on the road, they have a deeper tone after you do the PC USB 3 download, no popping or backfire at all!

First of all you only need the HD turing mufflers and not the shields. The touring muffler kit comes with new clamps. You will need your choice of end caps.

The PC USB 3 download (http://www.powercommander.com/807-311.shtml) that I had excellent results with is the user submitted download M807-LR301 for the the touring mufflers (they call them the SE Touiring) with the SE air cleaner (same as K&N) and stage 1. I played with timing on the ignition side of the program and set everything back to "0" with no timing adjustments. Use only the download and turn the cylinder trim to "0" and turn the accelerator pump off! If you do not it will affect the program.

If you are an IT guy you will appreciate the PC USB 3 program, you can do a lot with it to really tweak your bike yourself. Also start with a new set of plugs, so you can "read" them along the way. I have had best results with the standard HD recommended plug. Seems to preform best on the Ultra with stock ignition.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Old 02-12-2006, 06:09 PM
Dano59
2nd Gear

I still have the stock pipe on my SG. Will be changing them out for SE Pro pipe 2 into 1. Any thoughts?

Old 02-12-2006, 06:44 PM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member

I have SCREAMIN' EAGLE PRO Performance mufflers on my 06 Road King out of the SCREAMIN" EAGLE PRO RACING PARTS Catalog, Part # 64903-99 as part of the Stage One upgrade I had done 2 weeks ago when I bought the bike along with getting the SE Race Tuner. They are fairly loud and sound great but not that bad if you stay off the throttle when in neighborhoods. I couldn't see paying $150 for a download that can't be tweaked when the SERT was a little over $400.00 with my 10% off at the time of purchase. The SERT is used to program the ECM with any variables that you want in the hands of someone who knows what they are doing especially when used in conjuction with a Dyno.

Old 02-13-2006, 09:08 PM
2005UltraNC
Road Master

Thanks guys for the feedback - I'm going with the "touring mufflers", K&N Air Cleaner and either the SERT or PCIII. I like the advantage of the PCIII - where you can remove it and put everything back to stock. But, then the SERT does not add any parts and seems to be better should I want to do more in the future - on top of that, the SERT cost (Chicago Harley) is not that much more cost than the PCIII.

Only remaining question is: How close can I get the SERT to perfect without doing a dyno? Are there any SERT maps that include my add-ons?

Thanks

BTW - I was told yesterday by a Harley dealer that they WILL NOT install the SEII's - they will still sell them as long as the customer installs them. He said there's a $10,000 EPA fine should they be caught doing it. The point here is that they have NO PROBLEM with the "touring mufflers".

Quick Reply: SE Touring Mufflers