Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel download or rejt????

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 01:14 PM
thunderbirdblue2
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel download or rejt????

I'm retired, so money is tight... I'd like to get a deeper bass sound out of my 06 Ultra... I can't afford expensive mufflers or have my dealer do maintenance...

I saw this add on EBay for a buy it now price of $99.00. The sound clip looks like what I want... The seller told me by email that the stage two will NOT require a fuel download or a rejt of my bike...

The question I have is... has anyone used these mufflers and if so... did they require a fuel download or rejt???? Any other comments on this add would be helpful...

ADD on EBAY:

Harley Max 2 performance mufflers for 1996-2006 Road King and touring models. These Harley Davidson slip on touring mufflers were removed from a 1996-2004 Ultra (strait cut)These mufflers have some light surface scratches on them and a few miles on them no dents they probably look like the one's on your bike.Some of these are new with what I call shelf scratches on them from being moved around in the shop. Here is a chance to get these at a super deal.They have been Internally modified by a professional Machinist (not drilled out) to achieve maximum flow. In addition to better sound,the throatiest sound on Ebay,these mufflers will increase gas mileage and a 6hp increase in performance. They give you a nice deep Harley sound at idle and a nice aggressive sound on acceleration with a nice mellow sound at cruise speed, (still able to hear the radio and passenger on a Classic and Ultra models) These are the straight cut mufflers that are used on the Ultra's Road Kings and Electra Glide Classic, and will fit other touring models. You get the sound and performance of the expensive after market mufflers without the high cost and still maintaining the stock look. These mufflers sound similar to the Screaming Eagles with a slightly deep tone. Max 1is a slightly louder than stock muffler. The Max 3 is the loudest muffler I produce, it will require a fuel download or a rejt on you bike. If you would like a more or less aggressive sound than the Max2 contact me at the end of the auction and I will custom machine them to your taste. Feel free to contact me with any questions. Don't forget to check my feed back,thanks for looking. No returns on these item sold as is. I have several set's of these hence the by it now, no bid no waiting

Feed back: I do not leave feed back untill it has been left for me and all are satisfied that has worked best for me in the past and is how I will continue to handle it.

Sound clip of the Max 2's is avalible at the link below:

Sound clip of Max 2

Actual Ebay auction link

Old 02-10-2006, 01:30 PM
wildwill
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: fuel download or rejt????

Don't know what he means by "They have been Internally modified by a professional Machinist (not drilled out) to achieve maximum flow". I don't see how you can modify them without drilling (although it may be possible). I have friends that have drilled out the stock mufflers with success.
The seller has positive feedback so that's a good thing. One hundred dollars for a set of mufflers isn't bad but I've seen them cheaper in the Classified section of this forum. Good luck.

Old 02-10-2006, 01:49 PM
HDF Tech
Banned
Received 152 Likes on 43 Posts

To be honest , it sounds like a bunch of you know what. The baffles are drilled no matter how pretty he wants to make it sound with words. They don't sound that good IMO. I have heard them and the muffler cut open like this relieves the back pressure needed to make the FI bikes run properly. Cut open units no matter how they are done don't sound that good and perform poorly compared to a proper system.

as far as:

The seller told me by email that the stage two will NOT require a fuel download or a rejt of my bike...

Stage two is not mufflers first off, it's much more than that and just mufflers could use some enriching regardless as these motors are lean from the factory for openers. Anything you do as far as improving the flow whether it be intake or exhaust would be much better accepted with the addition of some fuel in some way above the factory setting. Furthermore a fuel download refers to Fuel injected bikes and a jetting refers to carbed bikes.

My advice here is to save a few $$$ and get a good set of slip ons and do it right, not buy someones take offs that have been altered in any way. After spending the $$$ for the bike, go the extra foot or so and do it right. JMHO

Old 02-10-2006, 05:02 PM
Candy Red Road Glide
Road Master

I belive the "stage2" the seller is reffering to is the mufflers he is producing it says he has 3 levels of sound. Not the stage 2 MOCO kit

Old 02-10-2006, 08:15 PM
Snarly
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: thunderbirdblue2

I'm retired, so money is tight... I'd like to get a deeper bass sound out of my 06 Ultra... I can't afford expensive mufflers or have my dealer do maintenance...
Been there, done that. I can relate to "can't afford." however, I would recommend you talk to your dealer tech and explain what your looking for and the best way to accomplish that. You paid big money for your bike and if you can't afford to do it right, don't do it. jmo

Old 02-11-2006, 01:14 AM
classic cruiser
Cruiser

I tried a set that I believe are the same ones that you are talking about here. I thought they had a tinny sound to them. It wasn't what I was expecting, I don't think I left them on for a week. I replaced them with Screamin Eagle slip ons followed by Reinharts. Love the Reinharts, my suggestion would be to skip these. Save your money for the next step. Just my opinion.

Old 02-11-2006, 04:12 AM
nightrain05
Cruiser

In my humble opinion save your money and buy something that has not been"machined out... not drilled". Your money is better spent buying something that has a company or manufacture that stands behind it . In my opinion that add sounds real shady and i would rather see you spend your money on something that is new not recycled by someone trying to make a quick buck.with that being said i think you would find something better on this site in the classified section as opposed to E-bay just my opinion but I like to look out for brother riders. i think you will find people hear have nothing gain from you, other than making a brother rider satisfied. and enjoy your harley experience. best of luck and look around on this site there is lots of honest information here.[&:][&:]