Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Touring seat for RK custom???

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008 | 11:12 PM
BROWNDOG
|
Cruiser
Default Touring seat for RK custom???

Maybe someone can help me out here. I got a 05 RK custom. I think the seat was made for looks rather than comfort. I don't mind it too much but my wife seems to take a real beating on the back. We have a lot of fairly rough roads around here. What is the most comfortable 2-up seat out there? I was thinking about going with the sundowner touring seat but wanted to check with the experts on the forum before asking the "experts" at the stealership. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 04-07-2008 | 11:24 PM
CREEPSHOW
Road Warrior
Default RE: Touring seat for RK custom???

I have a RKC seat I am selling, not because it is not comfy, but I switched to a solo and now I am going to add a pillion on the back. The only problem it's hard to find looks and comfort both. I was going to recomend the stock HD solo seat pillion combo. Nice for me, I am sure the woamn will like it too and I can switch to a solo at anytime!

[IMG]local://upfiles/42745/E03973F6275D42D0A4081867BF1D4B25.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-07-2008 | 11:35 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

I (and my wife and kids) rode on several seats until we finally settled on the Mustang solo with rider backrest and passenger pillion. The seat Creep pictured will not fit your FLHRS, the tongue on the front is made for a classic, they have different consoles on them. Unfortunately the only way to tell seat comfort is buy one and ride it. I found that the ones I did not want were easily sold on eBay without loosing any money invested. Below is my Mustang and I also have a C&C solo. They are great seats also, I would encourage you to check them out.

Mike

Old 04-08-2008 | 01:21 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member

I also have a '05 rk custom. Our bikes are one of those, "will fit every road king ever made...EXCEPT the road king custom", LOL. Before you go and shell money out for a new seat, if you like the looks of the stocker (I do), talk to Allen (BadX) with www.meancitycycles.com . He is a forum member and can rework your stock seat to make it more comfy for you and the wife. And, it should be cheaper than a new seat. A lot of guys have had seats reworked by him, and they are very happy...

Old 04-08-2008 | 01:52 AM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member

The problem with the FLHRS stock passenger seat is that it is too narrow for well developed full grown women. I may be wrong about thatbut that is what it looks like to me.My wife liked the Corbin Dual Tourer on my softail and I am thinking about a future purchase of a Corbin Classic Solo and passenger Touring pillion.

Old 04-08-2008 | 02:55 AM
Big Peter
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: BROWNDOG

Maybe someone can help me out here. I got a 05 RK custom. I think the seat was made for looks rather than comfort. I don't mind it too much but my wife seems to take a real beating on the back. We have a lot of fairly rough roads around here. What is the most comfortable 2-up seat out there? I was thinking about going with the sundowner touring seat but wanted to check with the experts on the forum before asking the "experts" at the stealership. Any help is greatly appreciated.
I love the Corbin Dual Tour seat.
After a 1000 mile break in it's awesome.

Peter

Old 04-08-2008 | 05:39 AM
Jeepin_Lawyer
Road Captain

Allen at Meancity does a great job! I had him work his magic on a Sundowner over the winter and it is amazing!!!!!

Old 04-08-2008 | 08:40 AM
ZPA
Advanced

Just get the Sundowner out of the Harley catalog. That is what I have on my Road King Custom. It is remarkably more comfortable for both me and a passenger. And, it is much cheaper than a Mustang or Corbin seat.

Old 04-08-2008 | 08:45 AM
jakester
Tourer

CHECK the classifieds here...There are a few for sale...Sundowners!!!! Around $200.00 BUY FROM A MEMBER!!!

JAKESTER.TIM....[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 04-08-2008 | 08:51 AM
Flying Horse
Road Warrior

If you want as wide a seat as possible consider the Saddlemans Road Sofa. I currently use the Saddlemens Explorer II gel seat with the riders backrest.

Quick Reply: Touring seat for RK custom???