Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Touring seat for RK custom???

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008 | 08:55 AM
sgl0226
Tourer
Default RE: Touring seat for RK custom???

Jeepin-Lawyer:
What did you have changed/altered on your sundowner?

Old 04-08-2008 | 02:32 PM
CREEPSHOW
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: BigDaddyMike

I (and my wife and kids) rode on several seats until we finally settled on the Mustang solo with rider backrest and passenger pillion. The seat Creep pictured will not fit your FLHRS, the tongue on the front is made for a classic, they have different consoles on them. Unfortunately the only way to tell seat comfort is buy one and ride it. I found that the ones I did not want were easily sold on eBay without loosing any money invested. Below is my Mustang and I also have a C&C solo. They are great seats also, I would encourage you to check them out.

Mike
I have the dash extention on my EGstandard and I have both seats, a stock RK custom seat and a stock RK classic solo seat. They both fit exactly the same?? How do you think the noses are different???

[IMG]local://upfiles/42745/2D54CAC678334197A3B3B307CC466EFB.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/42745/F5BAA1CD57274298B29BB5EA12BA4E13.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-08-2008 | 03:06 PM
TheBlackBastard
Tourer

I have had the Corbin dual tour in the past and now have the Corbin Classic solo with touring pillion on the RK Custom. My passengers have said that the touring pillion is actually more comfortable than the passenger portion of the dual tour.

Old 04-08-2008 | 03:16 PM
savvar
Intermediate

i have the sundowner and went from *** numb after 75 miles to riding all day in comfort. its not the most expensive seat on the market but its well made for the money. besides, what i saved on the seat i put in the tank to fire up that engine and ride.

Old 04-08-2008 | 06:39 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member

Dang. Corbin just had a significant price increase.

Old 04-08-2008 | 07:12 PM
BROWNDOG
|
Cruiser

Thanks all of you for your info. It looks like I have more options than I thought. I'm definately gonna check out having the stock seat redone at meancity but in the mean time I'll look through the classifieds. Thanks again!

Old 04-08-2008 | 07:38 PM
skltr
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Big Peter

ORIGINAL: BROWNDOG

Maybe someone can help me out here. I got a 05 RK custom. I think the seat was made for looks rather than comfort. I don't mind it too much but my wife seems to take a real beating on the back. We have a lot of fairly rough roads around here. What is the most comfortable 2-up seat out there? I was thinking about going with the sundowner touring seat but wanted to check with the experts on the forum before asking the "experts" at the stealership. Any help is greatly appreciated.
I love the Corbin Dual Tour seat.
After a 1000 mile break in it's awesome.

Peter
+1, great seat!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-08-2008 | 07:44 PM
workformetoo
Cruiser

2005 Road King. I just went to a Sundowner tall boy with the driver adjustible backrest. What a difference! But now I need the Heritage bars. (HD stand for HundredDollars) It never ends?

Old 04-08-2008 | 07:47 PM
DiegoKing
Tourer

So, will a seat off an '04 Custom fit on an '01 Classic? I know a seat from a classic will not work on a Custom but will it work the other way?

Old 04-08-2008 | 09:58 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

ORIGINAL: CREEPSHOW

ORIGINAL: BigDaddyMike

I (and my wife and kids) rode on several seats until we finally settled on the Mustang solo with rider backrest and passenger pillion. The seat Creep pictured will not fit your FLHRS, the tongue on the front is made for a classic, they have different consoles on them. Unfortunately the only way to tell seat comfort is buy one and ride it. I found that the ones I did not want were easily sold on eBay without loosing any money invested. Below is my Mustang and I also have a C&C solo. They are great seats also, I would encourage you to check them out.

Mike
I have the dash extention on my EGstandard and I have both seats, a stock RK custom seat and a stock RK classic solo seat. They both fit exactly the same?? How do you think the noses are different???

[IMG]local://upfiles/42745/2D54CAC678334197A3B3B307CC466EFB.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/42745/F5BAA1CD57274298B29BB5EA12BA4E13.jpg[/IMG]
Hey Creepshow, your post referred to a RKC seat. That is HD designation for Road King Classic (FLHRC), it IS different from a FLHRS (custom) seat. My bad as you said in the above post it was a Custom (FLHRS) seat.

Quick Reply: Touring seat for RK custom???