Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Happy with stock performance?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 04:19 AM
krgs2k
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Happy with stock performance?

I am totally satisfied with stock. The only thing I changed was mufflers went with Rinehart Eagle Beak slip ons.

Old 04-08-2008, 05:31 AM
ctmedic
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Engine will remain stock on mine.... well untill at least i,m ready for a change. Maybe 80-90K. Then I will just build the motor and poof....new bike with lots more power. I only added slip ons, and a air kit and stage 1 DL because of the heat. The rest of the bike however is far from stock

Old 04-08-2008, 06:34 AM
scaires as hell
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: 08blackstreetglider

I seem to be the only person alive that is happy with the new bikes' stock hp/tq, mileage, etc. The only thing about the stock motorI didn't care for was the sound.That was addressed with 1.75" Rush slip-ons.Am I crazy or what?Please tell meIm not the only one.

I love my 08 sg stock! But now I love it more:

C.B.
xm
gps
abs
race tunner
rush mufflers
fat boy front fender
lots of chrome

Doesn"t take much to make me happy! Ride on !!!

Old 04-08-2008, 07:15 AM
NJShoreScott
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am happy with stock, however, I am changing to SE A/C and SE slip-ons with the DL. I decided to do it because of the potential problems with heat, not because of any increase in power or sound.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:36 AM
rocksandgiz
Road Captain
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

I love my 08 ultra but I'm concerned with the heat this summer. Right now its fine. Runs great and sounds ok. But may do a stage 1 to try and get rid of some of the heat. To help preserve the engine and my Honeys right foot. Ride safe and often.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:50 PM
tonymacomb@yahoo.com
Advanced

put RineHart true duals on right from the start,stage one ,the performace is awsome 2008 sg moved from 1999 rkpolice gotta have the sound

Old 04-09-2008, 11:26 PM
singlepin
Cruiser

You're not alone. Completely stock 07 UC and plan on keeping it that way. Plenty of power for me and the wife. The sound is perfect for me. Don't want it any louder.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:36 PM
Coffee
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As I have owned mine a rockin'5 days, it is obviously stock and I am happier than a tornado in a trailer park. having said that, I keep hearing about heat issues, and adding Stage 1. I haven't noticed any heat issues. I am 6'2"and ride solo, so maybe it is just the way I sit on her. Going for a couple hundred miles this weekend, maybe I will understand then.

As far as the pipes, I like the traditional HD sound, and I like being able to hear the radio, so no plans to change anything there . . . yet.

But bottom line, I bought a stock HD because I wanted a Harley, sounds like you did too.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:52 PM
goodbirds
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Mine is stock and I haven't any plans to change a thing. It is smooth and plenty of power for me. I also appreciate good gas mileage and I keep hearing that limbering up the EFI for more power and cooling results in decreased mileage. I bought new in August, the hottest month in Southern Utah and there are no heat problems I can't live with. I did install the midframe heat shields. As for the sound, I MIGHT try the Rush 1.75, but not until I've heard them. I don't value noisy pipes. Been there, done that, took 'em off.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:04 AM
blueride
Tourer

Very happy with stock performance on my 08 Roadglide, especially coming off of a 80 inch evolution Road King.

Only thing that bothers me is the heat of the 96 inchmotor. Considering Niterider's 02 IED's to cool it down some.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17072/4A1E7C8D244A4AA69B58CAE9CA55F64D.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Happy with stock performance?