Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A question for LEOs on Large Group Riding Protocol for Stop Signs...

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 10:46 AM
Q Hog
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: A question for LEOs on Large Group Riding Protocol for Stop Signs...

It is illegal!!! It alsodepends on the Cop watching (if any), but if it causes an accident, the riders will surely be charged......

Old 04-18-2008, 12:15 PM
HEMSPLT
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A question for LEOs on Large Group Riding Protocol for Stop Signs...

This is illegal in Kalifornia and don't know whether I would want to do it with all of the drunk/uninsured/unlicensed drivers in this ridiculous example of a state.

As for group riding, I don't do it. I have enough excitement and risk in my life without wondering whether I will get hit by theriders behind or next to me.

Old 04-18-2008, 04:00 PM
jbob
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Retired motor officer here. A stop sign is an officialtraffic control device directing operator to stop all forward motion at the intersection. Have been on a couple rides with patriot guard with other retired leo's and we have decided to dis-include ourselves fromwhatwould beconsidered unsafe practices thatare mentioned in this thread. It is amazing how some of the "cowboys" turn on their emergency flashers and think they have the rightto drive twice the posted limit, block intersections and direct vehicles to the side of the roadway. As a Vietnam era vet I have the greatest respect for the " mission" and the person who is being honored for their sacrifice. I can't agree however that it would give individuals or groups privilege or licence to disregard safe operating practices, endangering themselves or others. Common sense is not so common when it comes to group dynamics and perceived authority.