Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide or Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 04:48 PM
indiebarjohn
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road Glide or Street Glide

I plan on trading my Super Glide Sport in on either a Road Glide or a Street Glide. One half of my riding is done around town, the rest on back roads touring, 50 to 65 mph. My main concern is wind turbulence. I am 6'1"s tall. Is the Road Glide much better in this regard?

Old 04-07-2008, 04:54 PM
davewear
Road Warrior
Received 197 Likes on 135 Posts
Default RE: Road Glide or Street Glide

i find the fixed fairing has advantages over the batwing. the roadglide is less affected by crosswinds and feels lighter due to less weight on the bars. plus the roadglide fairing just looks way cooler ......but it's really up to you, ride them both, i mean really ride them, hwy, twisty's, town.... then decide for yourself.

Old 04-07-2008, 07:14 PM
Xtreme
Tourer

bro ride them both andI promise you , the roadglide rides way better

Old 04-07-2008, 07:18 PM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, I'm a fan of the Road Glide as well for the reasons mentioned above. But I will admit that the Street Glide is a great bike as well. The only problem that I see with the Street Glide is that everyone has one, so you'll want to spend a lot of money to personalize yours so it's not the same thing you next door neighbor has...

Old 04-07-2008, 07:26 PM
candyx
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some of us have to keep all those Harley Davidson employees hard at work or else they might shut down, thats why they developed the FLHX.Ask anyone the FLHX was bulit for two reasons and two reasons only......One for theowner to buy alot of bling from HD and Two strictly to own a chick magnet, this bike was targeted at a select cliental the rest of the world well may i say buy a road glide.............

Old 04-07-2008, 08:01 PM
mattman22033
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You don't want one of those fugly RGs...LOL

I will never buy a batwing again....

Old 04-07-2008, 08:07 PM
littlebear
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personal preferance on your part me thinks, Pick up my new Roady friday,,,but I rode a Street Glide to and It was a great ride also. I read alot on this forum before I made my choice and that helped, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder...or the buyer

Old 04-07-2008, 08:17 PM
classic cruiser
Cruiser

I think either of them will give you turbulance with a low windshield. I think the batwing has better wind protection but only if you put the standard height ultra windshield on it. It's hard to get a lot of wind protection with a low shield regardless of which bike.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:29 PM
mikes300
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 483 Likes on 367 Posts

the RG is a top heavy boat, on the freeway its great , but at slower speeds that big old faring really shows up, the SG is much lighter feeling when turning, my buddy has one and I've ridden it quite a bit, theres nothing better hauling down the interstate, but the SG is better in other areas, get whichever you think looks best and ride both.

Mike

Old 04-07-2008, 08:31 PM
wbogley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: indiebarjohn

I plan on trading my Super Glide Sport in on either a Road Glide or a Street Glide. One half of my riding is done around town, the rest on back roads touring, 50 to 65 mph. My main concern is wind turbulence. I am 6'1"s tall. Is the Road Glide much better in this regard?
I run 80 mph+ on my SG with the short windshield. The wind is not that bad. At 65 mph, I dont think you will feel any wind. The Street Glide has been one of the best sellers for HD since 2006. Can that many people be wrong?

Quick Reply: Road Glide or Street Glide