Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide or Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008 | 08:42 PM
badblue
Cruiser

I got the StreetGlide because I like the fairing better than the RoadGlide and it sits lower then the RoadGlide. As far as wind, I hit 100mph to 110mph every time I ride (with the 4" windshield), I have no issues. So, go with with what hits you in the gut. Both bikes are almost the same and except for the front fairing and the rest can be made the same. Don't let anyone change your gut feeling or you will ride down the road looking at the one you really wanted and be pissed.

Old 10-16-2008 | 09:56 PM
acbobber
Cruiser

For the type of riding you said you would be doing...Street Glide would be the better choice. You will need the taller windshield being you are a tall guy. Both are good bikes. I personally like the looks of the SG over the RG. I cant get past the look of the late-model-metric-looking-fairing of the RG...but some people like em'. Sorry if I offended anyone. Just me. Another thing, if you ever have to sell it...the SG will sell quicker.

2009 Pewter Pearl Street Glide
Rush Slip on's
Painted inner fairing
Chrome front end

Last edited by acbobber; 10-16-2008 at 10:02 PM.
Old 10-16-2008 | 11:25 PM
Beeracuda
Road Master

Originally Posted by mikes300
the RG is a top heavy boat, on the freeway its great , but at slower speeds that big old faring really shows up, the SG is much lighter feeling when turning, my buddy has one and I've ridden it quite a bit, theres nothing better hauling down the interstate, but the SG is better in other areas, get whichever you think looks best and ride both.

Mike
I don't know where you get that. I can make a U-turn 2 up in a parking lot with cars on both sides, no problem. I think I could easily do it in the small box at the range any day of the week (except when the football games are going on! ) and it is extremely light on the steering, even in heavy cross winds.

Originally Posted by greg09997
Ride them both for a day.

If I had to do it over again, I would buy an Ultra.
I went with the best, closest option I could get, my Ultra RG! I'm just missing the CB and intercom, which is not always a bad thing!!!

Last edited by Beeracuda; 10-16-2008 at 11:27 PM.
Old 10-17-2008 | 12:54 AM
Jukebox
Road Master

I started out to buy a SG,but I found this RG on SALE three days before the 09s debuted. I rode and I bought,I am so glad that I did. My buddy bought an 09 SG three weeks later. We switched out for a 20mi ride and I could not wait to get back on mine. front end easier to handle,tooo much wind,and the comfort level is just a bit more on my RG,of corse I have a back rest,but so does he so that's a wash. Go with the RG,you will never ride anyhting else. IMO you can't go wrong with the RG.

Old 10-17-2008 | 04:34 AM
dr bud
4th Gear
Default never thought the rg would b 4 me.i was wrong!

i'm ordoring a 2009 road glide.drove the street and electra.i use to think the rg was ugly.now i think they look great with the right color or loading em up with a tour pak and the whole 9 yards,sweet imo.riding 1 just lookin at the dash in front of me was so much nicer than lookin at the batwing layout.i thought it drove the best.and actualy is sportier i think.my friends that own them swear by them.i now agree!i've heard rumor of HD commin' out with a rg ultra mid winter.that would rock!ps.street glide was nice.but no wear near as comftorble as the rg.get what u like,but it seems once people get on a rg they stay with it.

Old 10-17-2008 | 05:18 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

While I agree.... if you want to look cool.... get a SG.... if you need a cool bike to get laid.... get a SG

if you ARE cool, and you don' need a bike to get laid..... buy the RG...
(this was a joke people.... a JOKE)
rent both... demo both.... it's YOUR money...

Old 10-17-2008 | 05:41 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by johnnyp
My buddy bought an 09 SG three weeks later. We switched out for a 20mi ride and I could not wait to get back on mine.
Just curious what your buddies opinion was.

Old 10-17-2008 | 06:31 AM
titusvilleharley
Banned For Ripping Off HDF Members

bikeweek h-d has a demo area on the east end of the speedway in daytona there you can ride the s.g and r.g.

Old 10-17-2008 | 07:16 AM
Lincolnhog
Tourer

They are just F ***kin ugly

Old 10-17-2008 | 01:52 PM
BigDaveOnBass
Cruiser

Another vote for Road Glide, but I do like the styling of the SG. To be honest, I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Quick Reply: Road Glide or Street Glide