Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide Owners...

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 11:54 AM
harley albert
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road Glide Owners...

How does the Road Glide compare to the Street Glide and Road King (with the windshield) on comfort and wind protection? I started with a VROD, switched to a Fatboy and I now want to go to a bagger. I am done with looking good only. I want to ride the heck out my Harley. Baggers seem the way to go. No more trailer queens!

I never paid much attention to the Road Glide until this week. What a sharp looking bike. How does it ride with the wind factor. Your comments and pictures are very much appreciated. Ride hard and ride safe.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:14 PM
RD GLD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Road Glide Owners...

Harley's secret best handler out there. But don't do it. It's the red headed ugly step child..

Then again I like red heads....well actually all women!!!! Good luck and ride safe....

Old 04-07-2008, 12:22 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

The Road Glide is an acquired taste. I like the feeling of more room that the frame attached fairing gives me. The stereo is way out there so keep that in mind.

As far as wind protection . . . I'm working on that. Just changed to a 12" klockwerks windshield. This is my 3rd try on finding a windshield I like.

I would suggest that you ride a Roady before you buy even if you have to rent one for a day. You may find a dealer that will let you ride a used one. This way you will have a feel for the bike.

Your purchase should also depend on what you will be doing with the bike. If you plan to ride long distance, get an Ultra or plan on adding a tourpak to your Roady.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:27 PM
jayemt551
Advanced

I LOVE MY RG, my girlfriend is really jealous, which is not good, we are expecting our first child at the end of August (thankfully the end of the summer), she said I can keep the bike and better ride it as much as I can now because once the baby comes I am grounded. So then I told her *yes dear*. But Honestly The Road Glide is great, on the Highway I can do good speeds of 70-80mph and the wind is not a factor at all. It is my first harley, before it I was on a 1987 Suz. Intruder 750, and various other little *moped's*. The RG is definitely an awesome ride.

[IMG]local://upfiles/33992/B2B5432EC7EA4A94A0BCDFF07DC8227B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-07-2008, 12:39 PM
huskers11
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

Road Glides rule!!!!!!!!

Old 04-07-2008, 12:41 PM
rrsjs5
Road Captain

Went from a RKC to a RG last year,in my opinion the RG is far superior!!

Old 04-07-2008, 12:51 PM
aclass
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude! dont do it. Those are some ugly bikes.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:52 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My most recent bikes have been EGC, Heritage, RG, RG....

For me.... The RG's ride the best in all conditions. Best bet, if you narrowed it down to RG & SG, would be to rent one of each and go out and log some miles. Who cares what others "think". Get the one that is best for YOU.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:07 PM
Orion1369
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I had to ride my wife's Electra Glide the other day for about 25 miles. I felt like I was stuffed into the dash. Sure was glad to get back on mine Roady.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:08 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It all depends on what you want for the long term...Whether it be a fairing bike or an easily stripped down cruiser. I was back and forth between the SG and the RKC, even threw the RG into the mix, but the bottom line was the choices the RKC gave me. I can load it up or strip it down. And the windshield is more than adequate for wind. I'm 5'7 and I almost hide behind it. Wife loves it. Just my personal opinion and one I am very happy with. I had the chance to rent a SG on a trip last year and for this exact reason. My advice would be to rent one, or twofor a day and that will help you decide. Rent fromwho you buy from and they will work out a deal on the rental $$ into the price of the bike, if not free! Good luck.

Quick Reply: Road Glide Owners...