Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide Owners...

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Ogre
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Road Glide Owners...

I just got home late last night from putting 1500 miles on my RG in 4 days. I went to North Georgia, rode the Dragon and Blood Mountian. I rode with a friend that has a SG and he had it harder than I did. I had no cavatation from big rigs on the freewayI love theway the RG handles.The RG is a vary stable bike and I love mine. Just my 2 cents.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:38 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a '01 Road King Classic and '07 Road Glide.. On longer trips the RG has a lot more creature comforts....

Old 04-07-2008, 01:42 PM
uweldit
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Test ride & decide for yourself.

You don't want to be seen on theseugly, two headlight bikes anyway

Old 04-07-2008, 01:55 PM
NHSPMCU
Cruiser

Test ride everything they (MOCO) have to offer in touring then make the decision. I did, I'm 6'4" and my choice was the RG because it provided me with more room. The RG fairing goes away from you whereas (in my opinion) the bat-wing comes at you, it gave me less room. I found riding in windy conditions, it cut right through it. Radio is away from you, but you have thumb controls for your radio and CB (if you need them). I would agree that it is an aquired taste for it. I hated the looks of the Tour Glide, but when the MOCO tilted the fairing don in 04 I loved it...just my thoughts...good luck and ride safe.

Old 04-07-2008, 02:30 PM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member

Received 501 Likes on 259 Posts

the easiest, most accurate, and only REAL way to know... find you a reasonable dealer... and rent ( with rent to be applied to purchase) and road test these bad boys for yourself

BUT... in a world of "rebels" and "outlaws" and "rugged individuals" who all look alike, and you can't tell one of their bikes from another... that Road Glide sticks out like a sore thumb.... women will scorn you... dogs will pee on your tires, and all you'll have to show for all the abuse is the finest motorcyle harley ever made...
don't buy one... you'll be riding so much your spot at the bar will have a new sitter... it sucks....

but then, I just might be prejudiced

Old 04-07-2008, 03:35 PM
88b
Tourer

IMO the Street Glide is over priced and needs the rear shocks changeing. I've got a Road Glide and an FLHT, now that is a good value bike the FLHT. BUT I like the RGI'm 6'4" and that bat wind was a bit claustrophobic at first, on the RG it's way out in front.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:02 PM
HOGWYLDPR
Tourer

Don't do it man! These bikes are hideous and you will always have people pointing at you.

Old 04-07-2008, 06:30 PM
rideglide
Novice

Since you asked...just went from a Road King Classic that I put 50K plus on to a Roadglide for 3K miles. Now I'm back on a Classic King. Here's how I see the plus and minus of the two bikes. The glide definitely handles better, has the hard bags that hold more, and the stereo is a great plus. On the down side, I could never get the Roadglide set up to handle the airflow as good as a Road King. Despite putting lowers and a plus 2 clearview windshield on the glide, I still was unhappy with the airflow. I believe the problem is just the fact that the fairing is so far from the rider unlike an Electraglide or Road King where the fairing is right up on the rider. This is perhaps also the reason the glides handle better, they don't have all that weight on the front forks. Bottom line...I just found myself missing the Road King and when I got back on it, I knew I was where I belonged. It's a very personal thing, this decision of which motorcycle to ride...no?

Old 04-07-2008, 06:51 PM
BM83
Tourer

I've had two v-rods and a road glide in the last five years. I love the road glide, miss the power of the v-rod, but love the road glide and the way it handles. Really cool, well rounded touring bike with a hint of sporty handling. I drag the floor boards in corners all the time. The radio is an awesome feature because now I can ride with my own personal sound track. I always have a smile on my face after riding. Have put 9,000 miles on in last 6 months. I'm sure I could go on but you should ride one and feel it for yourself.

Old 04-07-2008, 06:56 PM
ssc89
Cruiser

Just did 585 miles yesterday & today,all interstate, windy as heck, and just as comfy as sitting in my living room! Heated hand grips help alot..

Quick Reply: Road Glide Owners...