Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BackOff XP

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 06:12 AM
drbillk
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: BackOff XP

I have the Signal Dynamics (SD) Wig Wag installed inside the tour pack of my 04 Ultra since new. In addition to the normal tail lights, I installed 6 of the SD red, single LED's in the back of the tour pack. I set up the Wig Wag to alternate right tail light with 3 leftmost LED's then left tail light with 3 rightmost LED's. Really gets the attention of cagers.

Of course, as much as I like this set up... the majority of "incidents" with cagers are from the side or front. So, I've also added 3 amber LED's on each side of the batwing linked to the turn signals, and added a SD headlight modulator. There are those that would argue "loud pipes..." -- not me -- I say, it pays to be seen!

Old 04-09-2008, 07:55 AM
rsofa
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: drbillk

I have the Signal Dynamics (SD) Wig Wag installed inside the tour pack of my 04 Ultra since new. In addition to the normal tail lights, I installed 6 of the SD red, single LED's in the back of the tour pack. I set up the Wig Wag to alternate right tail light with 3 leftmost LED's then left tail light with 3 rightmost LED's. Really gets the attention of cagers.

Of course, as much as I like this set up... the majority of "incidents" with cagers are from the side or front. So, I've also added 3 amber LED's on each side of the batwing linked to the turn signals, and added a SD headlight modulator. There are those that would argue "loud pipes..." -- not me -- I say, it pays to be seen!
[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 04-09-2008, 08:35 AM
Moe55
Supporter
Received 62 Likes on 47 Posts

I have run the SD's XP &wig-wag on two bikes from 1996-present never had any problems. Have been stopped twice by LEO's only because they wanted to knowhow to get the lights to do that on theirpersonal bikes.Tow a trailer and with tour pack lights flashing really gets attention.

Old 04-09-2008, 08:44 AM
rsofa
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Moe55

I have run the SD's XP &wig-wag on two bikes from 1996-present never had any problems. Have been stopped twice by LEO's only because they wanted to knowhow to get the lights to do that on theirpersonal bikes.Tow a trailer and with tour pack lights flashing really gets attention.
This is the second bike I had it on the old bike it flashed faster than this one not sure why this one is more of a blink on and off than a flash like the last one I had...Hopeing the XP doesn't mess up my cruise they say it will work maybe this weekend I'll give it a shot!!

Old 04-09-2008, 10:24 AM
Silverearl
Road Captain

I have the Wig-Wag on my tour pack and I like it. Took about 45 minutes to wire up and it looks better then the brake bar lights that I have seen. For the price it is great and would recommend it to anyone that has a tour pack with lights.

Old 10-05-2008, 08:43 AM
dchoran
Road Warrior

My Wig Wag died after 18 months - happen to anyone else???