Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ride Time Technology LED's

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Olde Skool
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ride Time Technology LED's

Just got off the phone with Keith-an hour and a half!...Talk about a nice guy, he was VERY patient with me and my barrage of questions regarding his LED options. I ordered a bunch of stuff in hopes folks will see me in the ever increasing difficulties of traffic navigation.

I placed this order:
1. DBL 48 LED Dual Intensity Rear Fender Tip Light Kit Item # RTDBLR
2. Multi-Mode LED Tour Pak Tail Lights Item # RTU-1
3. 14.7 inch Run/Brake Light Bar For Harley Tour-Paks Item # RTFX147
4. 06 & Later Turn Signal Adapter Item # RTTPSL06+
5. Quick Connect Accessory & Trailer Wiring Adapter Item # RTQC-2
6. Set of Tour Pak / Saddle Bag Convenience Lights Item # RTTPCL
7. 3M Adhesion Promoter Packet Item # RT3M

Anybody care to share youropinions on these items, particularly the installation of them and any doos and don’ts in your experiences. Thanks in advance and ride safe...!

Old 04-06-2008, 03:10 PM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Ride Time Technology LED's

You will need a load equalizer I dont see that on you list. That is if you are switching your turn signale to LED also.

Old 04-06-2008, 03:13 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the ride time technology set up on my tour pack. Took maybe 3 hours to install, as I was in no rush. The instructions are straight forward, and for the most part, easy to understand.

As far as a load equalizer goes.....if your turn signals and rear brake light are still incandescent bulbs, you will NOT nead a load equalizer.

Old 04-06-2008, 03:43 PM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member

I've got item (1) and (5).

That fender tail light is awsum bright when hitting the brakes. Super easy install.

My tail light is H-D LED Tail Lamp with Bar & Shield Logo 68085-08 and the H-D Auxillary running light/brake light/turn signal conversion kit which I've wired into for the Tour Pac lighting.

In the Tour Pac I have Signal Dynamics "Wig Wag" for the corner lamps (not the LED's) and just accross the back I've got a LED Strip light 11.5" x 1.5" Whelen PSR00FRR it contains 96 SUPER BRIGHT LED's. That thing has it going on when I stop.

Lastly item number (5) for the utility wire break out, I'm going to clean up the harness I've made to the tour pac and run from that.

I like the Ride Time Technology products and expect to get the front fender LED lamp when I can get around to it.

Old 04-06-2008, 06:35 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Well, the way I understand it, if all of the bulbs on a particular circuit are LEDs, you will need an equalizer. I get by w/o one, as only my Tourpack lights are LEDs.

Oughta look GOOOOOOOOOD when you get it all done!!

Old 04-06-2008, 07:27 PM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: CSI Topeka

Well, the way I understand it, if all of the bulbs on a particular circuit are LEDs, you will need an equalizer. I get by w/o one, as only my Tourpack lights are LEDs.

Oughta look GOOOOOOOOOD when you get it all done!!
True if you use LED's forturn signals with out upgrading the blinker unit. Reasonthe load equalizer is needed with a stock blinker is an LEDconsumesmuch less amps thenthe old fashion stock "Turn Signal Blinker"to allow it to function proplerly adding resistors back onto the signal wiring fixes this. This is a POOR way of doing business.

IMO, adding a load equalizer just increases the amount of current drain that you eleminated by going to LED's in the first place.

The solution is not adding back the resistance of the bulb back into the circuit, but use a solid state "Turn Signal Blinker" to replace the old orignal one.

Then your hi tech solution of LED's is complemented by the Solid State blinker unit and your are not loading back up your wiring circuit. Thus saving power of the battery for other uses.