Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 Cruise Control BROKEN!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008 | 07:24 PM
daharleyrdr
|
Tourer
Default 08 Cruise Control BROKEN!!!!!

I need help anyone! The Cruise control on my 2008 FLHTC stopped working today, went to the dealer later in the day and he couldnt fix It Ill have to leave the bike next week! The Red Rocker switch on the dash lights up but thelight on the tach that shows that Cruise is on doesnt light up, he checked the service manual and it states that maybe the brake light is stuck on, it wasnt so that rules that out, he said he checked the fuse! Now in the owners manual it doesnt show a fuse but the service manual does #11 I think he checked it and said it was OK. I may check it later is the fusebox on the left or right side under the side cover? Any thoughts anyone had this problem? I appreciate any help! The dealer also thought that the "ridetime Technology LED in the running light I installed may have done somethig, but I disconnected that and the cruise still didnt work, help please!![sm=smiley6.gif] Thanks Bill

Old 04-05-2008 | 07:29 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Default RE: 08 Cruise Control BROKEN!!!!!

I believe there is something in the Electric Diagnostic Manual about troubleshooting and fixing the cruise control. Did the tech use that or the service manual?

Old 04-05-2008 | 07:33 PM
daharleyrdr
|
Tourer

It was really the Sales Manager maybe it was an electrical service manual, I have a Service Manual non-electric and I cant find it, the service tech did get the speedo to go into the diagnostic mode when both dials swepp and all the idiot lights go on the cruise light did light up then only when in that mode, not when the dash switch was turned on ! Bill

Old 04-05-2008 | 07:33 PM
Xtreme
Tourer

As much as I hate to say this but if its under warranty and being that its an 08 im sure it is let them fix and just ride for a week with no cruise.

Old 04-05-2008 | 07:36 PM
daharleyrdr
|
Tourer

Xtreme your right, wife thinks Im nuts she hates cruise control, never uses it on the car! It is under warrant hell I only have 380 Miles on the bike, just pisses me off all that money and I payed the dealer xtra to install cruise, and it did work the one time I used it!!Bill

Old 04-05-2008 | 07:49 PM
dowhat
Tourer

On my 07, my thumb switch went out. Wouldn't work for me, mech got it to work, but service manager said it would not resum so the just replaced that part. No more problems. Good luck with it.

Old 04-05-2008 | 07:52 PM
Xtreme
Tourer

I hear ya bro just dont wanna see ya get screwed buy them if you mess with it youre self, im just as bad cant stand goin to the stealer lets hope my 08 doesnt have to

Old 04-05-2008 | 07:53 PM
Yokel99
Cruiser

Mine just packed it in as well. The check engine light came on and when I read the code it pointed to the cruise. I took it for a test ride and the diag was right, it's pooched. Back to the dealer.

Old 04-05-2008 | 08:08 PM
choochoo
Banned

aahhhhhh! or aawww however it is spelled
Come on get real if you're this damn helpless sell it and go back to driving a cage where you belong!!

The damn bike is under warranty let the stealer fix it!
did the cruise actually quit working while you were riding it in cruise mode,
or did the light just not come on!
It might be broke but it could be a light bulb.
Guess the dealer is as clueless as you, but that is to be expected from most new techs
today at a stealer. They learned to read a book, but have no clue how any single system
on a motorcycle actually works. They are glorified parts changers for the most part.
and if you can't figure out where the fuse box is, by just pulling the side covers and looking
you are totally helpless.

Old 04-05-2008 | 08:40 PM
daharleyrdr
|
Tourer

Damn ChooChoo Its not that Im helpless its just that not everyone is a doctor like you! Some of us do not like to mess with something If we feel it is beyond our capabilities! I wont mess with something If I feel that I could make the sitauation worse than it was before I stared and Like some have said its still under warranty!Harleys as the models get newer, like the carsbecome sophisticated and unless your very mechanically inclined and do that kind of work on a regular basis and have the right tools then it is best left to the experts like yourself! Whats with the name "Choo Choo"? Bill

Quick Reply: 08 Cruise Control BROKEN!!!!!